Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2009 6:12:35 AM EDT
Like it says, I am looking for some tips on taking and preparing for the course. I've got back up weapons, maintenance stuff, ammo, clear thinking head, etc. More in the lines of what gear / set-ups work best for this. After taking MDTS's course in April, I've switched from the two point sling to the single point and have rethought the use of other types of gear. What type of rigs have you used for extra mags (rifle and pistol) on this. The requirements posted stating duty type of stuff, but then they require mag pouches to be closed type.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 9:58:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I ran open top pouches (Mayflower triple mag shingle) on a Paraclete plate carrier was good to go. Most guys used standard duty belts for their handgun needs.

You'll be doing a fair amount of bilateral shooting, so get used to switching shoulders.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:50:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:42:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Yea it was!!!

I wouldn't want to be on the bad side of Jeff even if he was unarmed and I had a full mag.

I put Jeff in contact with another good instructor (Chris Fry) and it seems that they might get a chance to cross pollinate on some training techniques.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top