Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2008 2:34:38 PM EDT
I would like to take an extreme close quarters carbine class. If I use a carbine as a civilian it will most likely be at very close range. I have found that most carbine classes are focused on 25-200 yards which makes sense for the intended military and LE audience. While this is great training for civilians our more likely engagement distances would be from 3 feet to across the street.

I have come to focus most of my personal training at these ranges and incorporating lots of barricades and doorways. I have had several others scoff at this practice, but when I asked them to try it they were 4-6 inches off target at 10 feet because they never shoot less than 50 yards.

I would like to find a class that offers such training.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 5:33:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 5:34:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Most of Pat Rogers three day classes focus on gun fighting inside of 50 yards.  EAG Tactical

EAG Tactical Class in NC
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 7:06:54 PM EDT
[#3]
you cant miss with  either or Sully and or pat are both top notch .
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 8:57:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I've heard good about Sully and Defensive Edge and would like to take his someday. I've attended Pat/EAG as wsell and highly recommend it. EAG focuses on 3-50 yards. You WILL deal with issues such as offset and where to aim at distances closer than 15 yards in your shooting drills. The drills will also deal with multiple suspects at those close distances.
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 5:51:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I would like to take an extreme close quarters carbine class. If I use a carbine as a civilian it will most likely be at very close range. I have found that most carbine classes are focused on 25-200 yards which makes sense for the intended military and LE audience. While this is great training for civilians our more likely engagement distances would be from 3 feet to across the street.

I have come to focus most of my personal training at these ranges and incorporating lots of barricades and doorways. I have had several others scoff at this practice, but when I asked them to try it they were 4-6 inches off target at 10 feet because they never shoot less than 50 yards.

MAST has just that class!  25M and in both for civilian and LEO/Agency.  Additionally we are doing a one day CQC/CQB carbine this Sunday the 13th.  

Best,

MB
MAST Solutions
www.mastsolutions.com
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I would like to take an extreme close quarters carbine class. If I use a carbine as a civilian it will most likely be at very close range.

A class with Henk Iverson STRIKE Tactical would suit your needs exactly.  The only problem would be finding a class he's teaching that allows non-military and non-LEO students at this time.  Hopefully such opportunities will be more abundant in the future, but if you get a chance, take it.  The only open enrollment class he's doing this year will be in northern Indiana (you can find out more in the training forum at Indiana Gun Owners.
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 11:29:59 AM EDT
[#7]
This one will suit you if you can make arrangements for this weekend ...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=9&f=5&t=226451

If not, take a look at our schedule to see when the next one is.

www.Dedicated-Professionals.com

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 2:41:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

MAST has just that class!  25M and in both for civilian and LEO/Agency.  Additionally we are doing a one day CQC/CQB carbine this Sunday the 13th.  

Best,

MB
MAST Solutions
www.mastsolutions.com

I have taken the CQB carbine class from MAST and I highly recommend it.
It is a great class.  Part of the class was run at night so we were able to learn tactics in low/no light using weapon mounted/hand held lights.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:36:42 AM EDT
[#9]
+1 for Defensive Edge's Urban Tactics or Carbine 1&2 course.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
+1 for Defensive Edge's Urban Tactics or Carbine 1&2 course.

Took Urban Tactics 1 this past May, Excellant class!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:09:36 PM EDT
[#11]
We got another one coming up in September.  Here is the link to the announcement

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=35&t=317513
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top