Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/7/2011 8:21:18 AM EDT
DARC OE Tactical Pistol
This is not a marksmanship course and is not designed for the novice or beginner shooter. Course is designed to increase the participants speed, accuracy, confidence and mobility when fighting with a pistol. There's no theory or secret ninja techniques taught in this course; just practical drills to significantly improve performance and lethality with a handgun under a broad spectrum of conditions.

The majority of the class is on a covered range utilizing static and reactive steel targets. You will be able to drive right up to and park at the range in use. A lot of course participants will stage out of their vehicle & bring coolers with food/drinks. It is typical for course participants to load magazines and eat lunch on the range at the co-located picnic tables on the pistol range.
Please bring your lunch - lunch breaks will be approx 30mins every day.
The dinner break on day 2 will be at least one hour.

Course start: 8am on day one.
Course end: NLT 4pm on day three.
Date: 29APR-01MAY 2011
Length: 3days/1night

Cost: $650 per person
Slots available: 6
Ammo: 4Krds ball

Equipment:
Quality strong side holster (hip, drop or thigh) and magazine pouch with belt retention through pant loops: no paddle attachments
Semi-automatic pistol with fiber optic or night sights
5/6 functional hicap magazines
Handheld tactical light
Eye pro day/night
Ear pro (active ears are recommended but not required)
Knee pad
Comfortable lace-up shoes (you will be standing on gravel and concrete all the time): no sandals or flip flops
Appropriate clothing
Weapon cleaning materials & lube
Small towel
Baseball type hat is recommended
Camelback, canteen...bring water
Camera if you want pix
Sunblock, insect repellant, motrin...
Boo boo kit for cuts, scrapes, blister...

For more information or a registration packet email [email protected] or call 501-307-9031.
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 9:02:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 11:51:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Cant currently email. Put me down.

Done, M4geek is in too.
You better bring your meg 308 build (with barrel acne) if you don't come down before then.
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 12:26:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cant currently email. Put me down.

Done, M4geek is in too.

You better bring your meg 308 build (with barrel acne) if you don't come down before then.

Can do!

Pier pressure......... IN!!!!!!!

Group buy on ammo from AIM?

Link Posted: 1/8/2011 4:35:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 8:29:59 PM EDT
[#6]
i see no problem with being good to go by then. in.
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 8:59:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Roger, Blue Panda is in but you don't get to shoot anyone in this course
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 9:01:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Screw it, can I wear the shin guard?

You primary?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You primary?

No shin guard.
I'm scheduled to be the primary.
Link Posted: 1/13/2011 11:43:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Where exactly is this being held?
Link Posted: 1/13/2011 11:47:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/14/2011 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I am all over this. Reserved my slot and I  am shipping ammo tomorrow. This will be my 4th course at DARC. One has been better then the next

Link Posted: 1/21/2011 3:58:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I am all over this. Reserved my slot and I  am shipping ammo tomorrow. This will be my 4th course at DARC. One has been better then the next

I think you have been waiting on a slot for the pistol course longer than any of the others... I hope you are able to graduate this one (P vs G)...
Have you told the wrecking crew? I'm not sure if Devon would survive this course without his crackberry.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey  I have informed the crew.  I have yet to get final word from them.  So far it is just me and "Hollywood Sam" I am sure after three days of shooting with you I can pass any test with a handgun.  And for the record  I am coming with the "A Game"
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 5:56:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey Rich. I have some "New" shooters who are interested. They can safely manipulate and handle firearms but don't have a lot of experience. Will this course work for them or will it be over there head?
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 8:30:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hey Rich. I have some "New" shooters who are interested. They can safely manipulate and handle firearms but don't have a lot of experience. Will this course work for them or will it be over there head?

Yes, they will be fine: they probably don't have any training scars so there is the possibility they will accelerate their abilities based on DARC's methodology (think AUW in a pistol course...). We usually get a broad spectrum of shooters with our military clients too, so we are used to it.

The POI and drills work across the spectrum, everyone will get better guaranteed. Just don't invite any drama queens or Walter Mitty's.

I will normally consolidate the less experienced into a cluster on the range so if they are struggling they won't interfere with the rest of the class.
Also, we will take turns watching over them during the live drills, specifically, for safety and training progression.

You have been to DARC enough to know that I will pull someone out of training or a drill if I think they are unsafe. But at the same time we will give a person 'extra' guidance if it's needed.

Basically, as long they are safe, are serious about defensive shooting, want to improve and have been using firearms for a few years they will definitely get a return on whatever they put into the course.
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You primary?

No shin guard.

I'm in.  How do you like challenges?

Link Posted: 2/7/2011 5:36:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You primary?

No shin guard.

I'm in.  How do you like challenges?

Please explain
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:49:09 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Please explain

I have VERY limited use of my left hand due to a stroke MANY years ago.  It didn't affect speech or cognitive ability in any way, but it DOES make me effectively a one-handed shooter.  Any of the HTF guys that have shot with me can attest that I'm no safety hazard at all, but it could complicate training a bit.  Mind you, I ain't one to bitch out and I'll get the job done, but it makes things interesting, for sure.

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:25:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Please explain

I have VERY limited use of my left hand due to a stroke MANY years ago.  It didn't affect speech or cognitive ability in any way, but it DOES make me effectively a one-handed shooter.  Any of the HTF guys that have shot with me can attest that I'm no safety hazard at all, but it could complicate training a bit.  Mind you, I ain't one to bitch out and I'll get the job done, but it makes things interesting, for sure.

So far the best story I've heard about your stroke (from some of your friends) involves a bottle of jack, a transvestite redneck hooker, 2 sets of handcuffs, a leather mask, a farm animal, hot'n ice and some blow...

Your impairment is not going to be an issue at all.
I've had 'disabled' vets still in service come through with all sorts of issues. The best was a guy that got shot 6 times by an AK up/down his right arm and shoulder.

Are you able to work the slide and/or load mags with your bad arm?
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#21]
LMAO, but you lost me at "jack"

Loading mags, yes.  My typical MO for slide operation is either catching the rear sight on something convenient or switching hands to rack with my dominant hand.
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 2:47:12 AM EDT
[#22]
I was one of the people that got tweeder into IDPA. It s amazing how far we've watched him come, he makes no excuses and works his ass off. He'll talk trash and take it in return. He'll work hard.

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 2:12:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I was one of the people that got tweeder into IDPA. It s amazing how far we've watched him come, he makes no excuses and works his ass off. He'll talk trash and take it in return. He'll work hard.

Sounds like you are working on a crush or is there an existing bromance I need to be aware of before you two arrive?
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 2:35:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Dbl

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 2:36:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Sounds like you are working on a crush or is there an existing bromance I need to be aware of before you two arrive?

Class on a thursday?

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 7:36:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Class on a thursday?

Is Thursday a special day for you guys...?
Link Posted: 2/10/2011 5:30:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Is Thursday a special day for you guys...?

I thought everyone knew about Man Love Thursdays.

Link Posted: 2/10/2011 9:54:01 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

News to me as well.  Does Cowboy know you're attempting to cheat on him?  And do I need to look into a restraining order for Thursdays?
Link Posted: 2/10/2011 6:09:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

News to me as well.  Does Cowboy know you're attempting to cheat on him?  And do I need to look into a restraining order for Thursdays?

I figured you would start backing up..now that the truth is out. I read in another post a few minutes ago about an invite for Saturday and some pipe...
Link Posted: 2/10/2011 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I figured you would start backing up..now that the truth is out. I read in another post a few minutes ago about an invite for Saturday and some pipe...

What can I say, he wants it and it's been gettin' awful lonely here, lately...

Link Posted: 2/11/2011 4:36:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Rich

The rest of the wrecking crew is put for the course. Scheduling conflicts. The only one on the fence is Joe S.  The truth is Joe S. From New York. (We both know who I am talking about) is dodging me because he knows I am going to smoke him on the range.  Should ask him what's up with that?  

How many spots are left?

Also when is the next Tac Rifle
Link Posted: 2/12/2011 8:15:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Rich

The rest of the wrecking crew is put for the course. Scheduling conflicts. The only one on the fence is Joe S.  The truth is Joe S. From New York. (We both know who I am talking about) is dodging me because he knows I am going to smoke him on the range.  Should ask him what's up with that?  

How many spots are left?

Also when is the next Tac Rifle

The next Tac Rifle  is 28Feb - 02March. I'm looking at June for another one.
Joe - I smell fear and vaseline...
I don't have the list of slots on this device but I'll check for you as soon as I'm able.
Link Posted: 2/12/2011 2:12:04 PM EDT
[#33]
This class just got scratched for me because my silly fiancé wants a honeymoon. Silly woman.

Link Posted: 2/14/2011 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This class just got scratched for me because my silly fiancé wants a honeymoon. Silly woman.

No problem
Link Posted: 2/26/2011 5:57:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Hey Rich.

I sent you an email. Including me there are 5 guys. The guy from CRYE has not got back to me.  Ammo enroute. Joe is still dodging me.  I would call him out if I were you.
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 2:45:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 5:19:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Blah Blah. Bottom line is you're afraid to show up. So put whatever "girlie" conditions you want. Fear is in the air and it is coming from Joe.
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 4:27:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 3:28:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:05:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I wish I didn't have scheduling conflicts. Id love to come out to this.

Jim - Wish it had worked out, this is going to be a great group of guys.
Let's talk this week about the 'upper' and when you can make it out in the future.

Piggly_Wiggly... send me an IM or an email and let me know if you are in or out for this one. Heard you might have to defend your title that weekend.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 9:01:15 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm gonna have to "wimp out." Looks like I'm gonna end up with one of those "too much month at the end of the money" situations if I follow through with this.
Link Posted: 4/18/2011 5:06:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Aww, fuck it.  I'm foing.  I fucked up and paid too much tax last year, I has cash.
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 1:12:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Aww, fuck it.  I'm foing.  I fucked up and paid too much tax last year, I has cash.

So, in an attempt to translate... that means you are now coming to the course?
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 2:53:58 PM EDT
[#44]
I speak GD. I can confirm your translation. And here I thought you spoke pastun, not 'tard

Link Posted: 4/25/2011 8:50:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, in an attempt to translate... that means you are now coming to the course?

Correct

Link Posted: 4/25/2011 6:46:35 PM EDT
[#46]
For those coming out to DARC this weekend, the man, the myth, the legend...."Blackswan" will be in the course...

Link Posted: 4/25/2011 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 6:58:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
For those coming out to DARC this weekend, the man, the myth, the legend...."Blackswan" will be in the course...

Will we be needing a boat to get out there this weekend?

Arm floaties will do, I think...
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 7:01:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 7:04:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will we be needing a boat to get out there this weekend?

Arm floaties will do, I think...

Already had them packed. Excellent.

Are they multi cam?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top