Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2010 10:42:05 AM EDT
I have been a few times and have enjoyed their training.  Anyone else use them?
Link Posted: 12/30/2010 10:51:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Been there 3 times and got GREAT training. I bought a membership and am upgrading today because they are selling ANY membership for $250 –– sort of –– to existing members!!
Link Posted: 12/30/2010 10:55:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea, I signed up as well.  I have some of those upgrades for Diamond if you know of anyone.
Link Posted: 12/30/2010 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#3]
If anyone is interested in Front Sight, please let me know.  Great training for all people.
Link Posted: 1/2/2011 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I too just signed up for the lifetime membership under the current deal.  Awesome deal and will be heading out when I get my new pistol.
Link Posted: 1/11/2011 7:11:39 AM EDT
[#5]
So heading to Front Sight in April for a two day tactical class.  I hear it is over the top in training.
Link Posted: 1/11/2011 7:19:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I always heard it was some kind on MLM or bait and switch deal.

What's the story?
Link Posted: 1/11/2011 10:04:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I always heard it was some kind on MLM or bait and switch deal.

What's the story?

I am looking into taking my first pistol course and must know more about your comment. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/14/2011 7:41:48 AM EDT
[#8]
They will try to sell you on their program.  If you get past all the marketing and propaganda, the training is amazing and you will have a great time. Their goal is to get you signed up and then get you to bring people you know to the training.  It is not a high pressure sales pitch you watch a video and then they ask you to sign up.
Link Posted: 1/14/2011 8:09:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They will try to sell you on their program.  If you get past all the marketing and propaganda, the training is amazing and you will have a great time. Their goal is to get you signed up and then get you to bring people you know to the training.  It is not a high pressure sales pitch you watch a video and then they ask you to sign up.

That was my experience.  Years ago, my wife and I took their tactical submachinegun course.
Link Posted: 1/15/2011 4:50:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was my experience.  Years ago, my wife and I took their tactical submachinegun course.

How was that class I want to take that one.  

Link Posted: 1/20/2011 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Its the Am-Way of firearms training.
Link Posted: 1/21/2011 1:15:24 PM EDT
[#12]
+1 on the Amway comparison
Link Posted: 2/15/2011 9:22:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I am going down in April to take a Hand to Hand and Edged weapons class.. I bought a Diamond membership in December for $250.00 also.. I am using these classes to get a fill for the place.. I have always heard good things from people who have had training there and a lot of shit talking from guys who have never set foot on the grounds.. It is funny how many friends of friends had bad training there or most other class for that matter.. I will do a AAR. after I get back on the 20th of April
Link Posted: 2/15/2011 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I am going down in April to take a Hand to Hand and Edged weapons class.. I bought a Diamond membership in December for $250.00 also.. I am using these classes to get a fill for the place.. I have always heard good things from people who have had training there and a lot of shit talking from guys who have never set foot on the grounds.. It is funny how many friends of friends had bad training there or most other class for that matter.. I will do a AAR. after I get back on the 20th of April

Go check the thread in General Training Discussion.  A few people who went and didn't like it.

I liked this quote:
I don't believe I've ever seen a review of Front Sight by anyone that has any experience with other schools or has shooting experience beyond beginner levels.

Hard to have a frame of reference when there is nothing to compare it against.
Link Posted: 2/15/2011 4:00:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go check the thread in General Training Discussion.  A few people who went and didn't like it.

I liked this quote:
I don't believe I've ever seen a review of Front Sight by anyone that has any experience with other schools or has shooting experience beyond beginner levels.

Yeah you quote a guy that didn't say he was ever there.. The closest to a negative reply in that thread was from a guy who said it was good training for beginners but he wasn't happy with the fact you can't become a certified death dealing ninja from taking classes there.. So back to what I said in my post here..

ETA: Link to said thread
Link Posted: 2/15/2011 6:12:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I liked this quote:

Yeah you quote a guy that did say he was ever there.. The closes to a negative reply in that thread was from a guy who said it was good training for beginners but he wasn't happy with the fact you can't become a certified death dealing ninja from taking classes there.. So back to what I said in my post here..

ETA: Link to said thread

Did you see the post two above yours?
Link Posted: 2/16/2011 9:25:04 AM EDT
[#17]
In this thread or the other one?
Link Posted: 2/16/2011 2:34:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

In the other thread.  Before you make assumptions or read too much into a statement, take a second and read it again.
Link Posted: 2/16/2011 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the other thread.  Before you make assumptions or read too much into a statement, take a second and read it again.

Well let see.. I said that the only negitive  thing I have heard about FS comes from people that have never been there.. You said to look at the other thread and then post a quote from that thread from a guy that has never been there.. How are we doing so far??
Link Posted: 2/20/2011 6:21:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Hello;

I was at front Sight about 8 years back, I took the free subgun -1- day course, at that time the place was kind of just getting off the ground floor, the course was great, very good instructors and very nice place overall, I had to go thru thru the 1.5 hour of watching a movie and a short talk from the owner, it reminds me of going thru a time share program when I have been on vaction in Mexico , otherwise I would not hesitate to do a firearms course at Front Sight, I'm sure now it is a much improved place since I was there.
kenner
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 11:42:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Going back in April for the tactical handgun course.  Supposed to be excellent on seniro training.  Can't wait.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#22]
I've got some photos up in this link, which has another link in it of more photos.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=102&t=201216
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:50:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Very cool pics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top