Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2012 2:34:01 PM EDT
The dates will be May 3-5, 2013. The location will be the Elk River Training Center in Pelham, TN.

Friday May 3 will be a Fightin' Carbine training class, while Saturday and Sunday (May 4-5) will be the "normal" long range shooting.

We will have a range of at least 1000 yards. We will have steel targets starting at approximately 300 yards and going approximately every 50 yards back to the maximum distance. We will also have 100 yard cardboard targets for those that need to zero their rifles. Only the targets provided by us will be allowed.

For those of y'all that did not attend the previous Sniper’s Paradise/Precision Applications, LLC Rendezvous’, this is not a competition. It is a structured "free for all" shoot, with me and other Precision Rifle/Sniper Instructors on hand to help anyone that needs/wants it, especially in the area of calling/doping wind and spotting. The atmosphere is very laid back, and a good time is always had by all. There are no big egos on the line and everyone pitches in to help folks that want/need it. If you are unsure of yourself or your skills, this is a perfect venue for you. If you are a veteran Sniper or competitor with years of experience, you'll fit right in as well. You shoot all day long, as much or as little as you want. We call the line cold every few hours, a paint crew on 4-wheelers runs down range and re-paints the steel, and we go hot again.

Cost for the rifle shoot will be $125 for one day, or $200 for both days. LE/public safety/military folks will be $100 for 1 day and $150 for 2 days on the Rifle Shoot. You are welcome to attend and shoot on both days, or just a single day of your choice.

If you wish to attend the Fightin' Carbine class on Friday, the cost is an additional $150 per shooter. More information below on the Fightin' Carbine class. I am limiting this class to 24 shooters.

If you pre-pay and then find out you cannot attend, I will roll your entry fee over to a future event of your choice.

I will be taking PayPal and money orders for entry fees. I will be limiting attendance to 50, so spots are held on a “first come, first paid” basis. You can send your payment via MO to:

Precision Applications, LLC
46 Scarlet Oak Way
Dallas, GA 30132

or you can PayPal (+4%) to [email protected]. That is also my email address, if you have any questions. Along with your payment, please include a full name, email address, phone number and the days you will be attending.

Schedule: Mandatory safety meeting at 0800hrs on Saturday and Sunday. We will "go hot" immediately afterwards.

Gear list (nothing is mandatory, but they can help):
Rifle with optics
Ammo
Data book
shooting mat or other ground cover
bipod, rear bag, support, etc
spotting scope
cooler with non-alcoholic beverages
EZ Up tent

Information to follow on accomodations and such in the immediate area.

Feel free to contact me with any questions. In addition to email , I can be reached at (678) 523-7522.

Hope to see y'all in May.

Semper Fi!

**FIGHTIN' CARBINE CLASS INFO**

This will be an "Intermediate +" class. Shooter should have a basic functioning knowledge of the platform that they are choosing to run. I'll help ya fine tune what ya got, but the purpose of this course isn't to start you off from scratch.

Topics covered will include (but are not limited to):

-Use of cover/concealment in multiple positions (SBU prone, prone, kneeling, offhand).
-Lots of team tactics working on shooting and moving while communicating
-Deployment of a 2 man team from a vehicle
-Providing cover fire for a partner
-Shooting under stress
-Weapon transitions
-As usual, all my "tactical" classes include a healthy dose of Combat Mindset

The main theme in this class is going to be functioning and communicating as a team. Nearly every drill will be performed as a team of 2 or more. Don't worry if you don't have a partner; we'll pair you up with another shooter. The vast majority of the drills involve the team moving through courses of fire, choosing appropriate positions to fit the cover provided, and communicating with each other so that one is moving while the other is providing cover fire.

All students will be run through the Tactical Carbine Course (TCC). You can see how you stack up, as well as adding some COF's to your training toolbox that you can use to score yourself. We will shoot these quals at the end of the day. All students will receive a certificate for the class, but you will earn a rating on your certificate depending on how well you shoot these COF's.

If you are a LEO, you will receive GA POST credit for this class.

Gear list:
-Carbine (this class is open to whatever carbine you choose to fight with)
-Minimum of 4 magazines
-600rds of carbine ammunition (if you have a heavy trigger finger, bring more)
-Sidearm with 200rds of ammunition, holster, 2 spare magazines/reloading devices
-Eye and ear protection
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:57:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmshoot] [#1]
Went and walked the property this past Monday......out-frickin'-standing!

We will have a solid 1000 yards.  The ground is flat and cleanly mowed, so there are no dead spaces for targets to hide in.  We will have a 100yd zero target (cardboard/paper) and then steel targets starting at 300yds and placed at 50yd intervals out to 1000yds.  

Good or bad, depending on your personally, there will be little to no applicable wind due to the layout of the range.

I am currently working on having catered BBQ lunch Saturday and Sunday.  If that doesn't happen, you can bring your own chow or go just down the road (no more than 5 miles) to eat at a great little Southern restaurant.  

I have a list of hotels in nearby Monteagle, TN (nearest town), which is only 5-7 miles away.

Semper Fi!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top