Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2009 10:41:38 AM EDT
Just put a Bushnell 3x9 scope on Bushmaster (HAD a red dot with BUIS)...Should I still use the battlefield zero (50 yard = ~225 yard) for the scope? I'm am used to using a mil-dot scope but unfortunately I spent too much on ammo so couldn't afford one, with the mil dot scope Im used to using a 'holdover' method for different ranges instead of click adjustments, but I guess I'm going to have to learn, but I cant find a good range card template for 5.56/.223....

1. Zero for scope?
2. Anyone got a template or something for ranging, maybe even a good ballistic cheat sheet (not calculator) ???

Thanks Guys...
Link Posted: 6/24/2009 1:27:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I use the ballistic calculator on www.biggamehunter.com It has all the variables covered. Just enter the bullet weight and the other load specific info and it will give you an excellent starting point. Of course you still need to shoot the different distances to be sure the info is correct.
Link Posted: 7/14/2009 2:50:20 PM EDT
[#2]
try snipers hide, look for M.45, he makes custom scope dope cards that fit in you scope cap.

scope dope cards
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:44:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just put a Bushnell 3x9 scope on Bushmaster (HAD a red dot with BUIS)...Should I still use the battlefield zero (50 yard = ~225 yard) for the scope? I'm am used to using a mil-dot scope but unfortunately I spent too much on ammo so couldn't afford one, with the mil dot scope Im used to using a 'holdover' method for different ranges instead of click adjustments, but I guess I'm going to have to learn, but I cant find a good range card template for 5.56/.223....

1. Zero for scope?
2. Anyone got a template or something for ranging, maybe even a good ballistic cheat sheet (not calculator) ???

Thanks Guys...

Just buy target turrets for your scope.  They sell adjustable target turrets for nearly every make/model of scope.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=512088

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top