Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2016 9:50:38 PM EDT
My daughter is looking down the pipe of being put on the transplant list due to IgA Nephropathy.  Anyone here have experience with a kidney transplant?  What has life been like for the recipient?  We hope to do the live donor route from a family member (me included).  Right now we are working the type/match on her end first.  It looks like about a 60 day wait for the first visit to the MUSC in Charleston SC.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 9:56:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By ErikS:
My daughter is looking down the pipe of being put on the transplant list due to IgA Nephropathy.  Anyone here have experience with a kidney transplant?  What has life been like for the recipient?  We hope to do the live donor route from a family member (me included).  Right now we are working the type/match on her end first.  It looks like about a 60 day wait for the first visit to the MUSC in Charleston SC.
View Quote

I'm interested, too. I have a friend who is on the waiting list.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top