Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/18/2011 2:51:17 PM EDT
I plan on competing in my first competition at the first of August at the range in my town. Anything that I need to know or should practice specifically before I show up to shoot?

I have never been to a match (watched or competed) so I have no clue what to expect.

I will be running my M&P 9mm.

Is there a website where I can read up on what goes on, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Good Day,

SS
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I plan on competing in my first competition at the first of August at the range in my town. Anything that I need to know or should practice specifically before I show up to shoot?

I have never been to a match (watched or competed) so I have no clue what to expect.

I will be running my M&P 9mm.

Is there a website where I can read up on what goes on, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Good Day,

SS

I can answer any questions you have about it.

Your best bet would be to set up 2 or 3 actual USPSA targets and work on transisitioning between targets and hitting the A zones. They are freakin cheap I buy them at my local club but I think midway carries them I'll try and nab you a link.

Link Posted: 7/18/2011 2:58:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is the targets, the more you buy the cheaper they get. Make sure you pick up some brown scotch tape to  cover the holes you make after you run each drill. You make a target last hundreds of rounds that way and you won't get better unless you know where your bullets are landing so tape holes regularly.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=841131
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 2:59:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Just watched a youtube video.. Looks freakin awesome.

I am confident with my pistol.

How many spare mags can you have per run?

I think its only 10 rnds per mag? right?
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Here is the targets, the more you buy the cheaper they get. Make sure you pick up some brown scotch tape to  cover the holes you make after you run each drill. You make a target last hundreds of rounds that way and you won't get better unless you know where your bullets are landing so tape holes regularly.

Thanks for the link and the advice on covering the holes up..

Whats the best thing to set those on.. I have 2 pvc target stands.. that would prolly work.

Link Posted: 7/18/2011 3:01:05 PM EDT
[#5]
You can run your M&P 9 in two different divisions, Limited or Production. I recommend you run it in production due to the point system the USPSA uses you will get the most bang for your buck that way but you will only be able to load your magazines with 10 rounds each.
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the link and the advice on covering the holes up..

Whats the best thing to set those on.. I have 2 pvc target stands.. that would prolly work.

I staple each target to 2 1x2's and I put them into a 1 1/2 inch PVC pipe base. I'll take a picture for you give me a minute.

Link Posted: 7/18/2011 3:17:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Here you go this is how I run mine

The 1 1/2 inch pipe is just a hair to big so I put 2 small rocks behind each post after I insert it into the base. you can buy some really nice metal bases but I think its better to just build these, the whole thing costs me about 6 bucks to build and rocks are free.

For the wood I buy the warped or damaged wood at Lowes you get half price, the quality doesn't matter since you are going to shoot it anyway. See how taped mine is.
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the pic! Is there a site with the rules anywhere?
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes check out USPSA.org, it has all the rules.  Consider joining up!  

Seen more people Disqualified DQed for 180 rule, keep your weapon pointed downrange at all times.  If your .mil or former .mil (based on classic training) up is not always considered a safe direction, too easy to go past the 180.

Get a good belt, holster and mag holders.

Check out Brian Enos site, there are good pointers, from the beginner to expert.
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 3:32:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Practice drawing without sweeping yourself.  Practice keeping your finger off the trigger when you're doing a reload.  Practice keeping the gun pointed downrange.  

It's your first match: be safe, have fun.  The best place to learn about it is at the match itself.  Rules, divisions, scoring, and all that good stuff will make a lot more sense when it's actually demonstrated to you at the match.
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 3:35:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'm sure there is, I would assume USPSA.com or something. There is nothing crazy you need to know though. Don't aim your gun at anyone, always keep it aimed down range. Don't aim it up or down just straight forward down range. Every USPSA is a cold match which means you should come with your gun on your hip in a holster with no mag in and no round in the chamber. Just listen to the range officer.

I just googled up this site

http://www.uspsa.org/rules/2010HandgunRulesProof3web.pdf

There is a lot of jargon man but there is nothing to it. The range officer will make it stupid easy for you he will say "shooter step into the box and make ready" so then you do just that you get in the box and load your gun.

Then he says "shooter are you ready?" you say yes

Then he says "standby" and he hits a buzzer which means you can shoot.

After you are done he will say "unload and show clear" so you unload your gun and hold your slide back so he can visually inspect and see that it is empty.

Then he says "your clear, hammer down, holster" So you pull the trigger on an empty chamber which puts your hammer down then you put your gun back into the holster.

You don't touch your gun unless told too, but you can touch your mags all you want to load and what not.

Link Posted: 7/18/2011 3:45:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Actually many are cold ranges, where they want you keep your weapon in the bag until you get to the "Safe Area".  Thats the area where you can holster your weapon.  Some places the RO can work with you to holster your weapon from the bag at the stage starting area.

This is the way that most of the Section 8 matches (Mid-Atlantic) are run.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Every USPSA is a cold match which means you should come with your gun on your hip in a holster with no mag in and no round in the chamber. Just listen to the range officer.

Link Posted: 7/18/2011 3:55:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Actually many are cold ranges, where they want you keep your weapon in the bag until you get to the "Safe Area".  Thats the area where you can holster your weapon.  Some places the RO can work with you to holster your weapon from the bag at the stage starting area.

This is the way that most of the Section 8 matches (Mid-Atlantic) are run.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Every USPSA is a cold match which means you should come with your gun on your hip in a holster with no mag in and no round in the chamber. Just listen to the range officer.

Shitty, I've competed at 3 different clubs, never had that before. We have a little area we are supposed to handle are gun in but we can wear it wherever we want and come to the match wearing it.

Link Posted: 7/18/2011 4:07:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey OP if you want a cheap competition holster check out the Fobus Evolution

I got mine for 21.99 and I love it. Under 1 second draws every time.
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 4:15:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for all the replies.. I'll check the website out for sure..

I have a bladetech holster and mag holster that my m&p9 came with... you think that will work??
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 4:17:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I have a bladetech holster and mag holster that my m&p9 came with... you think that will work??

Any holster with work man. I was just giving you a recommendation of one I really like. The Fobus paddle mag holders are really nice too.

Link Posted: 7/18/2011 4:17:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Any holster with work man. I was just giving you a recommendation of one I really like. The Fobus paddle mag holders are really nice too.

I got ya.. I'll check them out..
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 9:52:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

that sounds fine.

get a SOLID belt, and about 5 mags and mag pouches.

Production Division rules say mags go behind your hip.

Forget trying to go fast,  just so smooth and safe. get solid A-zone hits

Tell each Range officer it's your first match and they will help you out.

Have FUN  

http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-rules.php

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 3:05:03 AM EDT
[#19]
I would sufgest signing up as ltd minor.  It is your first match, have fun. load your mags to max cap and enjoy less reloads.  Makes most stages easier as well for your not looking all the time for a reload. Also less rules on where the gun and mags must be on the belt.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 5:00:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Is a "good" belt my everyday wear belt or do I need to get a different belt
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 5:11:54 AM EDT
[#21]
if you CCW, then yes that will work.  Most USPSA shooters end up going with a belt that is just like the one made by CR Speed.

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 7:17:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I would sufgest signing up as ltd minor.  It is your first match, have fun. load your mags to max cap and enjoy less reloads.  Makes most stages easier as well for your not looking all the time for a reload. Also less rules on where the gun and mags must be on the belt.

That's good advice.

Re: Belt

at minimum get a wilderness gun belt,  like the IDPA guys use.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=22950/Product/ORIGINAL_INSTRUCTOR_BELT

Like 99.9%,  of USPSA/IPSC shooters,...I recommend the CR

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=10991/Product/CR_2001__HI_TORQUE__BELT

when you load up a pistol, and several loaded mags,  you need something SOLID so your gear isn't flopping around.

You need a SOLID foundation so when you draw,  your pistol is in the same place every time.

Don't show up to the firing line with a loaded weapon.  ( the R.O. will give you the command to load and make ready)

Keep your finger OFF the trigger until your sights are coming up to the target.

Make sure your finger is off the trigger when you are reloading or moving

Work on getting good hits,  don't try to rush.

If your pistol jams, keep it pointed DOWN RANGE while you clear it.

move as efficiently through the stage as you can.

try to plan in your head, how you are going to shoot a stage, were you are going to move, when you are going to reload, etc.
Visualize it

Have FUN

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 7:28:38 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Is a "good" belt my everyday wear belt or do I need to get a different belt

I just wear a web belt, there like 4 bucks at the .mil surplus store.

looks like they go for 6.99 on ebay

http://compare.ebay.com/like/360347838304?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y

It would be cheaper if you got it from a military surplus store in your area.

I don't wear a belt because I try to dress and wear everything like I normally would, I want to get good at shooting, not just good at competition. But its on you man you will have to just try a few different things and see what you like. All of my holsters are paddle holsters anyway because those are more comfortable for me and I can get them off and on really fast.

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 8:34:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for all the great advice.. Im gonna go out to the range sometime this weekend and run my double mag holder and my pistol/holster and see how that runs on my regular everyday belt.

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 8:49:05 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Thanks for all the great advice.. Im gonna go out to the range sometime this weekend and run my double mag holder and my pistol/holster and see how that runs on my regular everyday belt.

That sounds good, you can probably get by just fine with what you have now. When I first started I wasn't even using mag holders I was just drawing from pockets. I think the most important thing is to just get out there and start doing it.

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 12:40:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Does it cost anything to shoot at one of these matches?
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 12:48:51 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't know how your state is but here in AZ its normally 10 dollar-12 dollars for non-members. At one place I shoot for 8 bucks because I'm .mil.

You can't be that price man you pay 10 bucks and you get as much time as you need to run top of the line course instead of just standing still and shooting paper.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 1:08:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Find out how many individual courses of fire there will be and multiple that number by 30.

This will give you the number of rounds/bullets you'll need to bring.

Eye & ear protection; finger comes out of the trigger guard area ANYTIME you are not shooting.

Have a blast...
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 7:02:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Be prepared to help set up (get there early) and take down the course. It's a lot of work I found out.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 7:09:40 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Be prepared to help set up (get there early) and take down the course. It's a lot of work I found out.

My club does that for me, they pay kids to do it. Its great the kids make money and we spend less time messing around and more time shooting.

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 7:39:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

My club does that for me, they pay kids to do it. Its great the kids make money and we spend less time messing around and more time shooting.

I have left word with the club director to call me back.. I will ask him about fees and set up..
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 8:15:15 AM EDT
[#32]
I picked up a Blackhawk serpa holster today for my 9mm.. I wanted a holster that would secure my gun well. I think this one is going to work well.

I have to practice hitting the release button now before the match.

Link Posted: 7/20/2011 8:38:45 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I picked up a Blackhawk serpa holster today for my 9mm.. I wanted a holster that would secure my gun well. I think this one is going to work well.

That's the holster I ran my first couple months in competition it worked well for me for a long time. And it adds another something into the equation that you have to remember in the heat of the moment (the button push) which is good for training but really bad for competition. That holster is an amazing holster for daily carry but if you get serious about competition you will want to move away from it. Either way good buy man! That is one of the holsters that everyone needs.

Did you pick up any mag carriers yet? Make sure you try the belt and paddle variations. I favor the paddle carriers I normally head right from work or school to competition so I hate taking off my belt to add a bunch of shit I love just having a paddle style gear that I can just jam in my pants and its good to go. Fobus makes great paddle mag carriers.
I'm telling you though the first time you lose a match by less then one second you will be switching that holster out and trying to do anything you can do to get faster including better ammo, enhanced sights for your guns, performance parts, etc. Its a real killer on your wallet but you become a whole different kind of shooter man.... a wayyyyy better one.

If you even make it to C class you will be a better handgun shooter then 90% of the world.

Link Posted: 7/20/2011 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's the holster I ran my first couple months in competition it worked well for me for a long time. And it adds another something into the equation that you have to remember in the heat of the moment (the button push) which is good for training but really bad for competition. That holster is an amazing holster for daily carry but if you get serious about competition you will want to move away from it. Either way good buy man! That is one of the holsters that everyone needs.

Did you pick up any mag carriers yet? Make sure you try the belt and paddle variations. I favor the paddle carriers I normally head right from work or school to competition so I hate taking off my belt to add a bunch of shit I love just having a paddle style gear that I can just jam in my pants and its good to go. Fobus makes great paddle mag carriers.

I'm telling you though the first time you lose a match by less then one second you will be switching that holster out and trying to do anything you can do to get faster including better ammo, enhanced sights for your guns, performance parts, etc. Its a real killer on your wallet but you become a whole different kind of shooter man.... a wayyyyy better one.

If you even make it to C class you will be a better handgun shooter then 90% of the world.

I got ya man.. I have some blade tech mag holsters that came with my m&p.. They work well I may pick up some fobus to try them out... I have a blade tech holster that doesnt have a button that I may try and run too if I run into trouble with the blackhawk in one of the stages..

What ammo do most guys run? I play on running some WWB...
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 9:05:29 AM EDT
[#35]
ammo = reloads.

Bladetech is a fine holster maybe one of the most comon in USPSA crowd the DOH for production.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 9:13:17 AM EDT
[#36]
WWB is fine ammo to run.  The correct answer, is what your gun shoots the best.   Most guys will be shooting their reloads, as it is much cheaper, and you can dial it in.  I shot WWB for the first couple years, till I started reloading.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 9:13:53 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I got ya man.. I have some blade tech mag holsters that came with my m&p.. They work well I may pick up some fobus to try them out... I have a blade tech holster that doesnt have a button that I may try and run too if I run into trouble with the blackhawk in one of the stages..

Winchester White Box is fine man. But yes EVERYONE runs reloads.

Keep your brass because you are going to start reloading.

Link Posted: 7/20/2011 9:58:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have been saving my brass since I started shooting so thats good. I have been looking into reloading just havent jumped on board to get all the equipment, etc. yet...
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 10:05:17 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I have been saving my brass since I started shooting so thats good. I have been looking into reloading just havent jumped on board to get all the equipment, etc. yet...

If you bought the Dillon Square Deal and all the tools you would need to get started it would cost you 500.00 bucks and you would have a top of the line press. WWB is about 24 bucks for 100 rounds for 9mm. You can load 9mm for 11 bucks for 100, so you would be saving about 12-13 bucks per hundred rounds. So if you made 3800 rounds on your press you would have already paid for the price off all your reloading equipment. Every round made after that is profit!

And doing it that way you are getting top of the line custom rounds not just some off the shelf shit.

Link Posted: 7/20/2011 10:56:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

If you bought the Dillon Square Deal and all the tools you would need to get started it would cost you 500.00 bucks and you would have a top of the line press. WWB is about 24 bucks for 100 rounds for 9mm. You can load 9mm for 11 bucks for 100, so you would be saving about 12-13 bucks per hundred rounds. So if you made 3800 rounds on your press you would have already paid for the price off all your reloading equipment. Every round made after that is profit!

And doing it that way you are getting top of the line custom rounds not just some off the shelf shit.

Hmm.. I am definitley interested in that.. Where is this deal from.. Do you have a link??

Thanks for all your help!
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:14:58 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Hmm.. I am definitley interested in that.. Where is this deal from.. Do you have a link??

No problem man!

Here is the Dillon Square Deal, it comes with dies already set up. You open the box and its ready to make some rounds for the most part.

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/content/p/9/pid/25237/catid/1/Dillon_Square_Deal___039_B__039_

Then you will need a caliper and a beam scale. I got the Dillon beam scale because measuring the powder is one thing you CAN NOT EVER get wrong. Here is the beam scale.

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/content/p/9/pid/25215/catid/7/Dillon__039_s___039_Eliminator__039__Scale

Then I got my caliper for dirt cheap from Harbor Freight. I use this one and I bought it in person on sale in store for 14 bucks, its 19 bucks online

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-inch-digital-caliper-47257.html

You need a tumbler to clean your brass before you load it. I got mine at Harbor Freight with a coupon for 35.00 bucks normally its 39.00. I couldn't find a link for it sorry. Then you need some corn media to put inside of it I buy the 5 pound bucket of it for under 20 bucks.

I forgot to mention and add into the price a bullet puller. You will need one because you mess up rounds from time to time and you have to make test rounds that you will need to break down to re use the components. Just go with the Dillon one, lifetime warranty...

http://www.dillonprecision.com/content/p/9/pid/23998/catid/3/Dillon_Kinetic_Bullet_Puller
So you have the press 371.00

Tumbler   40.00

Corn media to put in your tumbler 15.00

Scale      50.00

caliber    14.00

bullet puller 30.00

Total Price:  520.00

Dam without the puller I could have got you under 500. But if you buy the shit in person or get it used its going to be a lot cheaper. Everything from Dillon has a lifetime warrant so buy as much shit used as you can!  

Link Posted: 7/23/2011 12:18:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sure there is, I would assume USPSA.com or something. There is nothing crazy you need to know though. Don't aim your gun at anyone, always keep it aimed down range. Don't aim it up or down just straight forward down range. Every USPSA is a cold match which means you should come with your gun on your hip in a holster with no mag in and no round in the chamber. Just listen to the range officer.

I just googled up this site

http://www.uspsa.org/rules/2010HandgunRulesProof3web.pdf

There is a lot of jargon man but there is nothing to it. The range officer will make it stupid easy for you he will say "shooter step into the box and make ready" so then you do just that you get in the box and load your gun.

Then he says "shooter are you ready?" you say yes

Then he says "standby" and he hits a buzzer which means you can shoot.

After you are done he will say "unload and show clear" so you unload your gun and hold your slide back so he can visually inspect and see that it is empty.

Then he says "your clear, hammer down, holster" So you pull the trigger on an empty chamber which puts your hammer down then you put your gun back into the holster.

You don't touch your gun unless told too, but you can touch your mags all you want to load and what not.

When the RO asks, "Are you ready?" or Shooter ready?", you are not required to do anything. Unless you are not ready, then say "no" or "not ready".

When you assume the start position, the RO should assume you are ready. The "Are you ready?" command/question is just a formality.

The RO should not require a nod or reply.
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 11:20:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Thanks for all that info.. I want to reload 5.56 and 9 mm.. Will this machine let me do that?? I shoot just about as many ar rounds as 9mm so I would want to be able to do both with the same machine.

Thanks again for all your help.

Good Day,

SS

Quoted:

Quoted:

No problem man!

Here is the Dillon Square Deal, it comes with dies already set up. You open the box and its ready to make some rounds for the most part.

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/content/p/9/pid/25237/catid/1/Dillon_Square_Deal___039_B__039_

Then you will need a caliper and a beam scale. I got the Dillon beam scale because measuring the powder is one thing you CAN NOT EVER get wrong. Here is the beam scale.

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/content/p/9/pid/25215/catid/7/Dillon__039_s___039_Eliminator__039__Scale

Then I got my caliper for dirt cheap from Harbor Freight. I use this one and I bought it in person on sale in store for 14 bucks, its 19 bucks online

You need a tumbler to clean your brass before you load it. I got mine at Harbor Freight with a coupon for 35.00 bucks normally its 39.00. I couldn't find a link for it sorry. Then you need some corn media to put inside of it I buy the 5 pound bucket of it for under 20 bucks.

I forgot to mention and add into the price a bullet puller. You will need one because you mess up rounds from time to time and you have to make test rounds that you will need to break down to re use the components. Just go with the Dillon one, lifetime warranty...

http://www.dillonprecision.com/content/p/9/pid/23998/catid/3/Dillon_Kinetic_Bullet_Puller

Tumbler   40.00
Scale      50.00
caliber    14.00
bullet puller 30.00

Dam without the puller I could have got you under 500. But if you buy the shit in person or get it used its going to be a lot cheaper. Everything from Dillon has a lifetime warrant so buy as much shit used as you can!  

Link Posted: 7/26/2011 11:29:06 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Thanks for all that info.. I want to reload 5.56 and 9 mm.. Will this machine let me do that?? I shoot just about as many ar rounds as 9mm so I would want to be able to do both with the same machine.

Thanks again for all your help.

Good Day,

SS

Quoted:

Quoted:

No problem man!

Tumbler   40.00

Scale      50.00

caliber    14.00

bullet puller 30.00

Nope, the Dillon Square Deal only does pistol rounds. If you want to do Rifle and Pistol rounds on the same press then you will need the Dillon RL550B

Here is a link to it.

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/content/p/9/pid/23594/catid/1/RL_550B

I use that press and it is amazing.

Link Posted: 7/26/2011 11:36:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Yep.  Skip the square deal and get the 550b
It can do rifle and uses standard dies

I run a Dillon 650 and i still love my old 550
Great machine. For a life time of handloading

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yep.  Skip the square deal and get the 550b
It can do rifle and uses standard dies

I run a Dillon 650 and i still love my old 550
Great machine. For a life time of handloading

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

thanks for the info..probably will go with this one
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 5:40:59 AM EDT
[#47]
found out that this month is the month they do 4 qualifiers in the match.. So after this match I will be qualified and in the system.. The cost is $10 per event.. to help out with the targets, set-up, etc..

I've been in contact with the match director for the range and he has been very helpful with filling me in on all the little details.

Thanks for all the help fellas
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 5:48:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
found out that this month is the month they do 4 qualifiers in the match.. So after this match I will be qualified and in the system.. The cost is $10 per event.. to help out with the targets, set-up, etc..

I've been in contact with the match director for the range and he has been very helpful with filling me in on all the little details.

"Classifiers" not qualifiers.

You will be classified in the Division you are shooting.

You need 6 classifiers in the system to get an initial classification. Then your average will be determined by the best 6 of the most recent 8.
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 6:03:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need 6 classifiers in the system to get an initial classification. Then your average will be determined by the best 6 of the most recent 8.

Sorry, I used the wrong term... Thanks for clearing that up..
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 11:08:11 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually for your initial classification in a division it's the best 4 of the first 6. You need a minimum of 4 to get classified.

Good luck OP.  As long as you don't zero a classifier you should be good to go.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top