Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2011 12:53:37 PM EDT
I've been reading the CMP rules and so far see nothing against using gloves (such as a golf glove).
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 7:55:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Never mind
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 7:18:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Gloves are not allowed for NRA or CMP pistol matches.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:45:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Please point me to the CMP section about the gloves.

I'd like a reference and I've been looking (and looking ... and lol)
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:24:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Please point me to the CMP section about the gloves.

I'd like a reference and I've been looking (and looking ... and lol)

CMP rules do not address the use of gloves for pistol shooting. What CMP rules say about the matter is:

5.1.2 NRA Rules
Applicable NRA Pistol or High Power Rifl e Rules shall apply in all areas that
are not covered by CMP Competition Rules.

CMP Rulebook

NRA rules prohibit gloves for pistol shooting.

5.2 Artificial Support - Artificial support is defined as follows:

(a) Any supporting surface, except the ground, not specifically authorized for use in the rules for the position prescribed.

(b) Any garment which can be interpreted as providing artificial support.

(c) Any glove on the shooting hand.

(d) Any band on the shooting arm (includes wrist watches) that are within two (2) inches of the wrist joint. The term artificial support shall not apply to the "tennis elbow" type strap or band if worn on the forearm no closer than two inches from the wrist or elbow joint. This rule recognizes that such a strap or band merely allows a competitor to compete up to their normal ability and offers no advantage to a shooter with no physical problems.

(e) Other devices which can be interpreted as artificial support. (See Rule 3.18).

Use of artificial support is prohibited except as individually authorized for a physically disabled shooter. (See Rule 5.5)

NRA Pistol Rulebook

I've been shooting leg matches since 1987, and I've NEVER seen a pistol shooter wearing gloves.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#5]
ok, perfect.  thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top