Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2009 10:53:22 AM EDT
I am about an hour and a half from the North Store, If I want to spectate and walk commercial row, what dates would be the best??
Link Posted: 7/15/2009 10:59:31 AM EDT
[#1]
As soon as possible. When I roll in, first I sign in. Then I go for primers and powder before any more of the locusts (like me) come in and strip the shelves. It's amazing how many SR primers and powder are bought up by the Smallbore shooters that are just leaving (with their "buy" lists from HP shooters at home).
Link Posted: 7/15/2009 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am about an hour and a half from the North Store, If I want to spectate and walk commercial row, what dates would be the best??

Sir, as Mr. armyordguy has pointed out if you want to buy some of the consumables that are currently in high demand, don't delay.  It won't take long for much of it to sell out.  However, generally speaking the time to see commercial row is when everyone else is shooting.  Some of the stores will be closed during those hours due to slow business or some of the vendors are also competitiors.  If you go during the day time before 1500 everyone is shooting and the stores that are open are not crowded at all including the CMP north store.  However if you do want to spectate anytime during daylight hours shooting will be in progress on one or more of the ranges usually lasting until past 1700 for some of the CMP matches during HP.  HTH, 7zero1.

ETA:  The High Power phase of the Nationals begins with the Small Arms firing school which I believe starts on 7/31.  The squadded practice is on 8/2 this weekend and the CMP matches and games will continue through Saturday ending with the Garand match.  NRA week begins with the Springfield M1A match on Sunday followed by the Rumbold on Monday and the rest of the four days of the NRA matches through Friday 8/14.  The long range matches fired entirely on the Viale range will begin on Saturday 8/15.  Sorry, I failed to notice you asked about dates vice times.  7zero1 out.
Link Posted: 7/15/2009 12:10:10 PM EDT
[#3]
If you want to see some of the manufacturers (like Armalite and Springfield), check their websites to see when they will be open.

I went there from Detroit one weekend and two I wanted to see were closed on that day.

Also; on the route to Camp Perry, the 50 MPH signs with the Speed Enforcement Zone signs are for real.
Guess how I know.
Link Posted: 7/15/2009 9:52:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Ya right! Hey guy, here is your quote. "See Commercial Row when everyone is shooting"! Are you for real? Commercial Row at Perry is meant for real competitive shooters. It ain't Wal Mart! WTF!
What a RIP that any Commercial Row vendor would open up to the "HOARDERS" of reloading components or best yet to the buyers of black guns that would reap huge profits by selling to straw type purchasers of these firearms off of Commercial Row!! I'll bet that RRA for one is wise to this type of activity and so should the others like the respectable manufactures like Armalite and DPMS!
As for reloading components sales, IMHO, if  Champion Shooters Supply, Champion Choice or Fur Fin & Feather need to sell their wares to the "NON" competitive shooters for extortionate profits this year, well may God help them to survive on Commercial Row in the future!
This will be my 23nd. year as a competitor and a purchaser on Commercial Row at Camp Perry. I would expect and hope that the vendors hold back on their reloading components sales so that the "real" shooters can return to Camp Perry next year!

Dave McGrath
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 12:07:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I think that's a problem that even the CMP is trying to deal with.  People hoarding and selling ammo and guns.  Real shooters get stiffed as the roaches crawl out of the woodwork in search of profit or being pak rats.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 3:23:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ya right! Hey guy, here is your quote. "See Commercial Row when everyone is shooting"! Are you for real? Commercial Row at Perry is meant for real competitive shooters. It ain't Wal Mart! WTF!
What a RIP that any Commercial Row vendor would open up to the "HOARDERS" of reloading components or best yet to the buyers of black guns that would reap huge profits by selling to straw type purchasers of these firearms off of Commercial Row!! I'll bet that RRA for one is wise to this type of activity and so should the others like the respectable manufactures like Armalite and DPMS!
As for reloading components sales, IMHO, if  Champion Shooters Supply, Champion Choice or Fur Fin & Feather need to sell their wares to the "NON" competitive shooters for extortionate profits this year, well may God help them to survive on Commercial Row in the future!
This will be my 23nd. year as a competitor and a purchaser on Commercial Row at Camp Perry. I would expect and hope that the vendors hold back on their reloading components sales so that the "real" shooters can return to Camp Perry next year!

Dave McGrath

Sir, WADR your interpretation that "commercial row at Perry is meant for real competitive shooters.  It ain't Wal Mart" is just that:  an interpretation.  I don't know how one could reasonably expect any of the venders on commercial row to be able to distinguish a "real" competitive shooter from any other and actually avoid selling anything to a non-competitve shooter.  Get real, they can't discriminate!  Does your "status" as a "real" competitive shooter somehow entitle you to preferrential treatment from a vendor selling his wares?  This will be my eighteenth year as a competitor at Camp Perry, should I wear my shooting hat with my competitors lable all the time just so the vendors recognize that I'm a "real" competitive shooter?  Some of the vendors actually recognize me from the previous years, I even miss talking to Otto and Mrs. Webber but I don't expect them to not sell their wares to anybody that has the money to buy.  You may "expect and hope" the vendors hold back so that the "real" shooters can return to Camp Perry next year, but I wouldn't bank on it.  FWIW I'm dedicated to this sport enough that I'll be there regardless of who sells what to whom!  7zero1 out.

Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:48:17 AM EDT
[#7]
One persons hoarding is another persons planning. I try to keep 3 years worth of components on the shelf. So, in the event of a madness like this, I don't have to scrape and scrounge and pay outrageous prices to feed my hobby. This bubble too shall burst, prices will even out 10-15% over what they were, and we will drive on.

The first thing I'm going to do when I get to Perry on 7/30 after I register is hit commercial row. I'll have a list, not all of it for me. If I see something that's on the list for a price I consider acceptable, I will buy it.

It sounds to me like someone didn't do enough planning.
Link Posted: 7/17/2009 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Dave McGrath

I was at Perry on Thursday..gee Dave no hoarders or  unreal shooters were waliking the Row.. BTW,  Dave what in your your mind defines a real shooter..in your little mind do believe that only those you shoot at Perry are real shooter??? If so you are a sad old man who has no idea about what a real shooter really is...

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 10:25:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave McGrath

I was at Perry on Thursday..gee Dave no hoarders or  unreal shooters were waliking the Row.. BTW,  Dave what in your your mind defines a real shooter..in your little mind do believe that only those you shoot at Perry are real shooter??? If so you are a sad old man who has no idea about what a real shooter really is...

Sir, just my humble opinion worth only what you paid.  Yes I'm a shooter, I pay entry fees, travel and lodging expenses and all manner of other expenses to facilitate my enjoyment of the sport.  I don't have a "real shooter" badge to wear so I can be recognized as such nor do I want one.  If we ever meet on the range you'll recognize a lot of things about me that will reveal that I've been doing this for a while, otherwise I'm just like any other shooting sports enthusiast with my BTDT Tee shirt, tacticool shorts, sandals, and tacticool shades.  I think some of us that have relied on annual purchases during the National Matches when the prices are the best are somewhat frustrated with the ramifications of the ammo, powder, primer, etc. feeding frenzy that has been going on at least since the Nationals last year.  It annoys me to no end when I read about people ordering lots of primers in batches of 50K or 100K, thats hoarding!  Perhaps like Mr. McGrath I've had some difficulty amassing enough ammo to ensure I have what I need for the two weeks I'll be at the Nationals, much less every other match I've wanted to shoot as preparation.  I think Mr. McGrath has much the same perspective as I, just he has a different way of experssing it.  We're united in our enjoyment of the sport but it is also my belief that none of us are entitled to anything different than another.  JMHO, 7zero1 out!

Link Posted: 7/22/2009 3:30:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Sent my Hoarding son to commercial row this morning to buy all the good stuff before any of those real shooters show up. He ain't a real shooter he just does the silly smallbore an LR besides highpower.

He got the last 10,000 rem 7 1/2's on the shelf and two jugs of varget, of course he has to share with the other four of us other hoarders that provided the cash when he gets back with the loot.

Thankfully he got them before the real shooters had a chance.

Sorry Mr. Mcgrath

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top