Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 2:46:13 PM EDT
Just wondering if anyone finds it harder to keep it in the black on a 50yd reduced target compared to the standard 200yd one. I do. I am using a target downloaded from Ray-Vin.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:35:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes,  I have been using them for off hand.  I once shot 97-3.  Haven't done it since and haven't come close to it lately.

Dan
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#2]
You should get the same results because the aiming black is scaled down to simulate the standard SR target.

Dave McGrath
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:04:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You should get the same results because the aiming black is scaled down to simulate the standard SR target.

Dave McGrath

That's the theory.  I swear it's easier for me to shoot a SR target at 200  than a reduced at 100.  I don't know why.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:55:09 AM EDT
[#4]

That's the theory. I swear it's easier for me to shoot a SR target at 200 than a reduced at 100. I don't know why.

Here's the theory I came up with... I noticed it was a *lot* harder to keep a good hold dryfiring at the dot 6 yards away than for real. Say you sway or wobble or whatever an inch of translation, but with out any rotation. (Rifle remains parallel to its axis from before, but now it's an inch up/down/left/right) On the SR at 200, you wobbled a half minute, or a third of the X ring. You may well not notice that. Now you did the same thing at 100 on the SR1. The X ring is 1.2" (I think, it's something less than 1.5") You've now wobbled a full minute and almost the size of the X ring. You'll probably see that, and it'll show up on your X count if not your score. Translation errors only matter more at the target gets closer. Rotational (or pointing) errors won't change as you get closer.

So, that's my theory.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:59:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dave McGrath

That's the theory.  I swear it's easier for me to shoot a SR target at 200  than a reduced at 100.  I don't know why.

So the more you practice and improve at 100yds the better you shoot at 200yds? I don't see an issue there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top