Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2018 2:01:15 PM EDT
I had struggled with finding the right ear protection. I really like my electronics earmuffs  because they allow you to hear ambient noise and normal conversations with them on but the gap in the seal caused by my shooting glasses allowed to much sound to get through. I tried Foam earplugs but I  had to take them out to hear conversation and ambient noise. I tried foam earplugs under my electric earmuffs but same problem I couldn’t hear people communitcating. I bought a pair of Safariland impulse earplugs. They have a 33db Reduction of loud noises but allow normal conversation to come through. So I put them under my electronics muffs and it is the perfect combo. Definitely quiet enough but also allows me to hear communications. Love this combo. Just thought I’d spread the news if someone was having the same issue as me.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 8:04:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Out of curiosity what electronic muffs are you using? I’m planning on buying a pair soon and trying to decide which ones to go with.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 11:34:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Howard Leight impact sport.  I’ve had them 5 years or so and been very happy with them except that they let a little too much sound in when I’m wearing eye pro.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 11:44:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Suppressors for everyone.

I use walkers electronic ear pro

Eta: I also use 3m eye pro with flat temple sides specifically used for when you have to wear ear pro.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 12:28:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Those are an awesome idea!  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 11:17:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Howard Leight impact sport.  I’ve had them 5 years or so and been very happy with them except that they let a little too much sound in when I’m wearing eye pro.
View Quote
It's a good one to go with.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 11:58:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I really like my electronics earmuffs  because they allow you to hear ambient noise and normal conversations with them on but the gap in the seal caused by my shooting glasses allowed to much sound to get through.
View Quote
I went to eye pro with flat temples (Oakley M Frame 3.0s) specifically for this reason, and it made a big difference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top