Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2018 11:34:27 PM EDT
Anyone here gone to Front Sight and taken any of their course? Good, bad, so so? I won a lifetime membership there and just trying to see if its worth the travel expense and everything else to attend courses or if I'm better off looking for training closer. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 12:00:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes it is good to go.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 2:34:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I call it the Walmart of gun schools.  Not the best training, but a product for the masses and a great value for a wide audience.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 2:56:29 AM EDT
[#3]
My buddy who lives in kommiefornia went so many times they made him an instructor. Not an easy process
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 3:18:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Take a look at Gunsite. I have been there. Been around for a long time.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 2:30:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My buddy who lives in kommiefornia went so many times they made him an instructor. Not an easy process
View Quote
That is a four day interview, with skill demonstration, range/classroom management.

CONGRATULATIONS to your friend.

What is your firend's name, I may see him there sometime.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 2:33:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anyone here gone to Front Sight and taken any of their course? Good, bad, so so? I won a lifetime membership there and just trying to see if its worth the travel expense and everything else to attend courses or if I'm better off looking for training closer. Thanks
View Quote
When you decide to take advantage of your membership, I suggest to go for multiple classes in a row.  Look at the schedule, you maybe able to take the 4 day handgun class, followed by the one day Multi State CCW class; have a couple days off, then take a long  gun class.

Days off, see a show in Vegas, do laundry, etc.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 9:29:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 3:12:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How far from Vegas is FS?

I'm in Vegas multiple times a year and was given a certificate in trade years ago for a 4 day class.
View Quote
About an hour heading towards Parhump.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Picked up a lifetime Commander membership for my son and myself at a local GS for $500ea. Just took the 4 day defensive handgun class and enjoyed it very much. Went in June and was 100 degrees but they supplied lots of water and didn't have you standing out in the sun more than necessary.

Facility is large and a shoot house is attached to each of the 25 pistol ranges that are used on days 3 and 4.

Very well run. People were easy going too....not like the police academy.

One of our instructors photobombing

We used Shemaghs to keep the sun off our face and neck. In the morning on days 3 and 4 the sun came up behind the targets. Wore darkened UV400 goggles too.

Stayed at the Holiday Inn in Pahrump. Cracked up at this sign going to FS in the mornings. Everywhere we went in town people were friendly and supportive of us attending a class at Front Sight. Definitely a departure from the CA environment.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top