Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2018 11:24:10 AM EDT
I’ve been wanting one of those electronic training devices so I could practice mostly indoors with my Shield.
There are a few of them out there now and I’m not sure what’s best.  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 4:38:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've been wanting one of those electronic training devices so I could practice mostly indoors with my Shield.
There are a few of them out there now and I'm not sure what's best.  Thanks
View Quote
I'm testing out the MantisX system, the only drawback is that it goes completely by muzzle movement, it has no mechanism to validate the relationship with the target, so I'm going to add in a Laserlyte laser cartridge this weekend (and I've been testing one of the free software packages for tracking shots, ShootOff).
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 11:16:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm taking a class tomorrow where we will be using SIRT guns. I'll let you know how it goes. LINK
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm really surprised technology hasn't advanced further in this area. Dry Fire is the best, and cheapest thing we can do to improve our shooting, and it can be done just about anywhere. I hope this becomes a much bigger thing soon.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 11:21:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a SIRT handgun and BCG replacement.  I use it with the LASR program.  While not perfect, it's about the only way to practice moving and shooting outside of a class.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been very happy with my LaserLyte stuff. I use the basic target and the trainer cartridges.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top