Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2016 1:17:46 PM EDT
Looking for some input from anyone on the forums who travel for training or competition regularly. I'm fortunate enough to live in a state where I can drive an hour out into the desert and train or visit Gunsite which is 2 hours to the north. Loading up the car and bringing all of my gear is easy, traveling via air with limited space is making me question what the heck to pack. I'm traveling to the IALEFI show next month and will be training in Wyoming / Texas / Washington / Ohio / Florida this year so I need to get a move on with my kit. I haven't been at the point in my career until recently where I could travel out of state to train, so this is very new and exciting for me. My current strategy is such:

• Firearms, magazines, and accessories packed in a lockable case (See below)

• Ammo shipped to hotel or purchased from training facility

• Soft goods, chest rigs, slings in a carry on or checked bag

These are the two case layouts I'm playing with, would love feedback before I start cutting:

Posted Image

So some questions to those with more experience:

• Can you carry-on things like chest rigs or empty magazine holders? Do you check this kind of stuff instead?

• How much spare equipment do you bring? I'm considering packing my P30 as well since it shares mags with my VP9

• Should I have one case for handguns/accessories and a separate for long guns?

• Do you bring ammo or buy it from the training school? order online and have it delivered to the hotel?

• I'm thinking of packing a spare parts kit for either my AR or TAR-21, aside from a BCG should I bring any other spare parts?

Thanks for any input in advance!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top