Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2014 5:00:13 PM EDT
Do you ride the reset after each shot or do you reset during the recoil?
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 9:50:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on what I'm doing.  Precision aimed fire, I let the rifle or pistol do it's thing then reset.  Rapid stings of fire, going for speed, I'll reset during the recoil.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:30:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Pinning the trigger to the rear then riding it forward to the reset point after recoil is a fundamentals drill designed to teach trigger control during the press. It also has the benefit of teaching the reset point in the return travel of the trigger so the shooter can learn how far forward he needs to bring the trigger finger during recoil to reliably reset the trigger without letting out too much take up for follow up shots.

This technique is for fundamentals training only and was never intended to be a universal shooting technique during practical application (except maybe slow precision fire as mentioned above).
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:57:12 AM EDT
[#3]
when I inhale, after the shot.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:26:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pinning the trigger to the rear then riding it forward to the reset point after recoil is a fundamentals drill designed to teach trigger control during the press. It also has the benefit of teaching the reset point in the return travel of the trigger so the shooter can learn how far forward he needs to bring the trigger finger during recoil to reliably reset the trigger without letting out too much take up for follow up shots.

This technique is for fundamentals training only and was never intended to be a universal shooting technique during practical application (except maybe slow precision fire as mentioned above).
View Quote

Great answer .

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:01:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Restting after the shot is the baby step while reset under recoil is the adult stride
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:19:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Great answer .

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great answer .

I agree!
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:22:35 PM EDT
[#7]
When I buy a new gun I'll ride the reset to gain familiarization.  After that the recoil operates the reset.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:29:57 PM EDT
[#8]
It resets on its own:

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:15:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It resets on its own:
http://youtu.be/bhETGJm90DQ

View Quote

That's what I'm talking about...nice.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:25:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It resets on its own:

http://youtu.be/bhETGJm90DQ

Full build details and how to build your own in this thread:

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:41:34 AM EDT
[#11]
I squeeze, hold the trigger back through the bang, through the recoil and then take my next breath and then I let the trigger out till the "click".  Then I exhale and fire the next shot.

Had to "practice" it at first, then it became automatic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top