Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2013 10:03:17 PM EDT
So here I find myself asking the forum for their choice for best color for the OPs core base jump helmet.
I just purchased a new PVS14 complete kit from our friends over at TNVC. I have selected a BLACK pvs14 tube body.

So, of the colors Black or Urban Tan,or Foliage Green. what would be your color choice and why?

My primary uses of the helmet are...
Walking at night in woods/streets and mountain biking/hiking.

Daytime uses could include skateboarding, mountain biking,rock climbing,and tree climbing.

I am also training with black rifles off and on,and will train with helmet on.

What color would be the best for you and why? Lemme guess..."get one of each?!!!"

Super stoked to get my NVG in a couple weeks. Thanks for your fine fashion sense Guys!

Benz.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 11:03:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Tan.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 12:12:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 10/22/2013 7:56:27 PM EDT
[#3]
yea, tan may be most neutral if wearing amoungst the daytime population... also cooler during hot weather/training.

I like the krylon pic... very Nai~
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 5:33:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I would say black with tan being the next color, and then buy either a first spear or a crye helmet cover in multicam and be done with it, two diffrent colors one helment dpending on your mood.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:01:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Tan is way easier to paint on. Black is probably the worst color you could go with as it does not naturally occur in nature.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:31:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I think I should get the dumbass award.  After considering, and deciding against asking the exact same question, I ordered MC with a MC cover.

Plan to buy the MC PVS-14 as well.   Did I go full 'tard?
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:32:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think I should get the dumbass award.  After considering, and deciding against asking the exact same question, I ordered MC with a MC cover.

Plan to buy the MC PVS-14 as well.   Did I go full 'tard?
View Quote

You can never have enough MC. Or Velcro.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 3:18:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I ended up going tan helmet and counterweight. I kinda felt odd asking the forum their opinions too regarding color, but hey, wanted the communities opinion.
now for my surefire helmet ir illuminator in grey... that's got to get dipped/painted stat!

Thanks guys...Benz.

p.s. as usual, I received great service from the crew over at TNVC on this purchase!
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:37:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would say black with tan being the next color, and then buy either a first spear or a crye helmet cover in multicam and be done with it, two diffrent colors one helment dpending on your mood.
View Quote

This is what I did.  Tan Ops Core helmet with black First Spear cover.  The two color scheme really looks cool!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top