Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2013 11:22:12 AM EDT
I have seen people post doing these with there kids but have no clue what they are. I have one this weekend somewhat local 60 miles away. I have a daughter that's 7, She is as big as a some 10 year old but acts like a 5-6 year old. she has shot a .22 before but just a few rounds. What exactly is appleseed for? what age range is there? I will prob have to go buy her a gun and know where there is a green youth model 10/22 right now. Just looking for suggestions if this is something we could do.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Teaches the fundamentals of classic rifle marksmanship, positions, breathing, etc.  Gives histories from the Revolutionary War.  Program uses reduced size military targets at 25 meters (28 yards). A Ruger 10-22 with extra magazines is great for this program.  Fast paced.  Program is strictly run and safely done.  All instruction is the first day, second day is optional.  A very good father/daughter thing, but you make it sound like your daughter is not quite ready for it yet.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
you make it sound like your daughter is not quite ready for it yet.
View Quote

What I am thinking.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 12:06:11 PM EDT
[#3]
A young girl might get a bit flustered during the timed stages.  It's not easy to complete some of them - especially the stages where you shoot from prone, sitting, and standing, all while doing partial magazine changes.

I think you should go to shoot, and your daughter should go to help you reload, provide moral support, and learn some American Revolutionary War history that she won't get taught in school.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:26:11 AM EDT
[#4]
This tells me that she isn't ready for an Appleseed!

she has shot a .22 before but just a few rounds
View Quote

When my Wife and I took it a few years ago, the men were on a different range than the women. We shot ~1600 rds in the 2 days while my Wife shot ~700 rds.

VERY intense, 3 position shooting. NOT for the amateur IMNSHO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top