Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2013 4:31:05 PM EDT
Need ideas for a buzzer to sound over an ear-muffed shooters head just to begin strings.  Don't need a full timer. (Have one but someone else is using it[>://) Just wondered what field expedient buzzers folks were using.
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 6:06:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Air horn?
Link Posted: 4/10/2013 5:13:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Ha! That would definitely work, but want to stay away from to loud (air horns/whistles).  Going to use it indoors at public ranges and don't want to draw to much attention.  A small buzzer of some sort, there's got to be something obvious, I'm just not coming up with anything.
Link Posted: 4/10/2013 6:58:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Think I'm just going to order the PACT Club Timer III, luckily the guy not returning my other (older) timer is family...
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 7:21:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I use a whistle for teaching Texas CHL class.  Cheap, portable and...cheap.

One long blast to start the string and 3 shorts to end the string. Blow hard and make it loud.

Gringop
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 7:13:20 AM EDT
[#5]
A cheap smoke alarm may do the trick. Just hit the 'test' button and there ya go.

They can be had at Home Depot for less than $5.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 10:15:20 AM EDT
[#6]
If you have a smartphone you can download one of the shot timer apps.  I haven't been able to get them to work well as an actual shot timer on my Droid, but they do all have a good start buzzer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top