Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2009 12:56:41 PM EDT
Why is it when I was in the board above this one there are no coursed in IL. Is this state that bad?
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 12:00:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out the IL hometown forum  we get some classes going a few times a year. This year's big one was Magpul Dynamics

When looking for a class you should first decide what weapon system you want to train on then find a suitable instructor and look at their class schedules. I frequently travel to Wisconsin, Michigan, and Indiana to catch classes.

You can check out U.S. Training Center (A.K.A. Blackwater USA) up in Mt. Carroll they run a lot of classes open to civilians. Expect to shell out $$$
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#2]
where are you located in IL?
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 6:00:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I am in cook county But will drive.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 10:20:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am in cook county But will drive.

Well hello there fellow cook county arfcommer
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:32:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Strategic Security Service Inc. is based out of Monmouth, IL.  Shot Nick an e-mail and he will send you a current training schedule.  I have trained with him and US Training Center, I would recommend both.  There is also Team Spartan based some where near Chicago, never trained with them though.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:47:07 AM EDT
[#6]
USTC in Mt Carrol is a great facility.  They are always improving the grounds and classes.  The staff is very friendly and does anything to help the students.  It's a bit hard to find if your not use to the area, so make sure you have the route planned.  I've attended a coulpe classes this year and plan on one more )Precsion Rifle) before year end. They just posted their schedule for next year.  The prices aren't bad when compared to other large schools...cost is $200 a day average. There's no loing breaks or waiting... it's all training except for the 30min for lunch.  They really get the drills to you.  No showin off by the instuctors either, no this is what I do but you can't do it.  Give them a call.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top