Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2009 7:33:50 AM EDT
Can someone provide a link to a picture or explain what the rifle "indoor ready position" is ?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/24/2009 7:41:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link

At Gunsite they teach two ready positions with the shotgun and two
carry positions.  Both ready positions assume a round chambered with
the safety on. High ready, or outdoor ready, is a modified port arms
position with the muzzle up, but always in line with your line of
vision. The barrel is perhaps 30 degrees up from horizontal and moves
as your eyes move. The low ready, or indoor ready, position has the
butt of the shotgun mounted in your shoulder with the barrel anywhere
from 30 to 80 degrees depressed depending on your requirements for
movement. As the barrel depress towards vertical the muzzle moves to
the outside of your weak foot.
Link Posted: 6/24/2009 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#2]
From having the gun aimed in on a target drop the muzzle straight down & rotate the pistol grip to the outside.  For a right handed shooter this would put the ejection port side facing forward.  The buffer tube will more or less index on & be parallel to your sternum.  I would equate this to the long gun version of Sul.

Louis Awerbuck also teaches (or taught, can't say for sure) a version where the muzzle is pointed down on the outside of your support side leg.  Depending on what you're trying to accomplish, what the angles look like in your potential gunfight, etc. either could work for you.

If I hadn't lost my camera I'd toss up a couple pictures for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top