Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 8:37:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I seriously doubt they will figure out training anytime soon. Just too many people and not enough ranges or instructors.

It'll get struck down before they figure it out.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 9:00:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I seriously doubt they will figure out training anytime soon. Just too many people and not enough ranges or instructors.

View Quote

I hope.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 4:56:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I hope.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope.
The question is, if it is eventually struck down, how long with that take? It will be interesting to see the Maryland and California AWB cases and how the 4th and 9th circuit courts, respectively, handle them having been vacated by SCOTUS. Will they slow walk them or move at lightning speed? I cannot help but think the circuit courts, being rather unhappy with the Bruen ruling, considering all of them have upheld AWB's so far, will use every legal means possible to delay a ruling compliant with Bruen hoping for an ideological change in SCOTUS. California wants a total reset on the case Judge Benitez had in order to start the whole thing over at day 1 as though the previous case never existed. How many years would that take?
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 8:14:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The question is, if it is eventually struck down, how long with that take? It will be interesting to see the Maryland and California AWB cases and how the 4th and 9th circuit courts, respectively, handle them having been vacated by SCOTUS. Will they slow walk them or move at lightning speed? I cannot help but think the circuit courts, being rather unhappy with the Bruen ruling, considering all of them have upheld AWB's so far, will use every legal means possible to delay a ruling compliant with Bruen hoping for an ideological change in SCOTUS. California wants a total reset on the case Judge Benitez had in order to start the whole thing over at day 1 as though the previous case never existed. How many years would that take?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope.

i don't have much faith on anything moving fast.  I do believe that this new "training" class won't be available anytime soon and not in any quantity to be provided to all permit holders before the deadline.  If local judges start revoking permits by the hundreds, they will never get re-elected, so I don't see most of them doing that.  I have zero problem with training, but I am not a huge fan of the mandate.  If I am going to sign up for a pistol course, I want to take the training I choose especially if I am footing the bill.  Not to even mention every place being sensitive.  It's almost not worth worrying about anymore.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 2:30:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Deomcrat language is acceptional. They make ccw worse and call it, improvement. Anytime they put better, improved, helping, or any other positive word on anything, rest assured it's the oppositem
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 3:23:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I bet it takes 3+ years for any of these lawsuits to get sorted out. By then who knows if they still go in our favor. I'm clearly no longer an optimist. I can't wait to leave this state.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:44:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Have any county clerks or issuing authorities released their process for current holders of any license?
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 10:03:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Have any county clerks or issuing authorities released their process for current holders of any license?
View Quote

All I've heard is "No new licenses after 9/1/22"
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top