Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2022 8:05:16 PM EDT
Never thought I'd see the day I'd hate hearing someone's voice more than Coumo's , but Hochol  is really irritating me. Re: cc .
So businesses will have to post signs if they allow cc? Wtf! Every unposted place is off limits? Wtf again. I hope this will be deemed illegal.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:26:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I hope this will be deemed illegal.
View Quote
Under text and tradition it would fail. I do not think anyone can point to any time in the past where every business dwelling going back to 1788 or whatever was deemed off limits to the carrying of weapons. As I posted in another thread, New York claims legal "experts" have vetted these rules and declared them compliant. I hope they name these experts so that they can be avoided in the future for any kind of legal business.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I am not a legal scholar nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

If I am not mistaken I read something about reverse laws are unjust whereas If I own a business I am allowed to put up a sign "XXXX not permitted", essentially denying anything I do not like.

They cannot create a back-ass-wards law stating I must put the sign up allowing "XXXX" in!

Bill
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:53:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am not a legal scholar nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

If I am not mistaken I read something about reverse laws are unjust whereas If I own a business I am allowed to put up a sign "XXXX not permitted", essentially denying anything I do not like.

They cannot create a back-ass-wards law stating I must put the sign up allowing "XXXX" in!

Bill
View Quote

Well they are doing it nonetheless
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:54:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Will they carve out a retired LEO exemption? Cant imagine those retirees are going to be happy.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 12:21:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Will they carve out a retired LEO exemption? Cant imagine those retirees are going to be happy.
View Quote

They always do
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:07:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They always do
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They always do
I am sure that will include celebrities and judges as well. Basically the same short list of people that were previously granted the privilege to carry.

Regardless, as the news comes out about all of the new restrictions and requirements for CCW, New York is definitely throwing a tantrum. I hope it all gets smacked down by Thomas in short order. It is almost as if New York wants licensing itself tossed by the court.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 1:12:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am sure that will include celebrities and judges as well. Basically the same short list of people that were previously granted the privilege to carry.

Regardless, as the news comes out about all of the new restrictions and requirements for CCW, New York is definitely throwing a tantrum. I hope it all gets smacked down by Thomas in short order. It is almost as if New York wants licensing itself tossed by the court.
View Quote

I'm wondering if the feds can remove licensing from state purview  if its shown that the state pulls these sorts of things.
If the feds can demand to have oversight in how a law enforcement agency conducts business, how can they allow a state to run roughshod over people the way the NYS legislation this week clearly does.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 2:34:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Among other things, the feds provide significant grants/other funding to state/local LE.
View Quote

OK, and? The Feds provide states with a lot of funding.
You would think that at some point that if states consistently did stuff counter to rulings and the Feds acred enough, they would step in and tell the states that they're going to oversee them to make sure they aren't screwing it up any further. A dream, I know....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top