Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2022 10:17:57 AM EDT
I know this is all new. This is what I have:

Oswego County:
Attachment Attached File

I am out of town this week but will confirm this on July 1st if I get back in time. I did call today and the clerk I spoke to confirmed this (tho mentioned nothing about the letter, said there was a form).

Perhaps others can post their county's requirements here?

Update:

Went into the clerks office. It's a form now not a letter. Changed sometime last week. Took 5 minutes. Hand it to clerk and they look up your info to make sure it's all up to date.

I thought I took a picture of the blank form but I didn't. Will upload if anyone is interested.

Link Posted: 6/27/2022 10:35:14 AM EDT
[#1]
If it were only that easy in all counties...
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 10:51:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Probably won’t help, but adding “yo, your restrictions were found illegal and unconstitutional “ to the suggested letter would be highly tempting.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 12:14:14 AM EDT
[#3]
The burden should not be on the holder as it was their rights that were violated.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 12:49:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Little known fact, but after the Emancipation Proclamation freed slaves were actually required to send a request for freedom to the master by certified mail before they were in fact eligible to be free. After passage of the 13th Amendment, a follow up email with read-receipt enabled was required.  History is cool, probably.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top