Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2022 4:19:54 PM EDT
How will this effect the re-cert process? Mines up at the end of this year.. It would seem to me, its pointless now correct?
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#1]
The court did not strike down licensing itself. They only said "May Issue" is invalid. No reason why recertification would be gone. Don't recertify, lose your constitutionally accepted  (for now) license.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Agree with the above. The court made it clear licensing or permitting systems are allowed, but didn't make clear to what extent they would start to be purposefully  designed to suppress your rights.

These things will have to be carefully worked out in lower courts, but the very good news is there is a new standard of scrutiny to be applied. I think that is more important that the main thrust of the case, which was concealed carry.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 10:01:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Agree with the above. The court made it clear licensing or permitting systems are allowed, but didn't make clear to what extent they would start to be purposefully  designed to suppress your rights.

These things will have to be carefully worked out in lower courts, but the very good news is there is a new standard of scrutiny to be applied. I think that is more important that the main thrust of the case, which was concealed carry.
View Quote

Exactly. Like I said this decision is so strong, no way can the majority of NY laws stand. Yes they can require a license (for now) but if it's too difficult or expensive it will get tossed...even by lower courts in NY.

I fully expect lawsuits using Bruen to strike the entire permitting system soon. But the Bruen case didn't ask that of the court so they couldn't really rule on it.

They will soon though using text history and tradition! Also say bye to AWB and mag laws...and more.

It'll take time...but I'm resting easier knowing this decision can be used as a strong defense if some unlucky soul breaks one of NYs now clearly unconstitutional gun laws.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 5:00:40 PM EDT
[#4]
A friend was renewing his unconstitutionaly restricted permit on Friday (SCOTUS decision released on Thursday) he asked and the girls at the counter had no clue.

I suppose it will be quite some time before our UN-elected bitch decides how she can screw us once more.

Bill
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A friend was renewing his unconstitutionaly restricted permit on Friday (SCOTUS decision released on Thursday) he asked and the girls at the counter had no clue.

I suppose it will be quite some time before our UN-elected bitch decides how she can screw us once more.

Bill
View Quote
Lawsuits.

Just like @NoloContendere had to do with tasers.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#6]
There was a post on GD with a memo from the New Jersey AG stating that effective immediately all permit applications submitted are "Shall Issue" provided the three criteria New Jersey requires are met. New Jersey for all practical purposes was "No Issue". New Jersey wasted no time sending out that guidance. New York is still scratching its head...
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 3:39:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There was a post on GD with a memo from the New Jersey AG stating that effective immediately all permit applications submitted are "Shall Issue" provided the three criteria New Jersey requires are met. New Jersey for all practical purposes was "No Issue". New Jersey wasted no time sending out that guidance. New York is still scratching its head...
View Quote

I would have said a different part of the anatomy.....
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:05:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Lawsuits.

View Quote

And yet here we are a year or more after the taser case and there's been no movement on getting taser's into the hands of the public.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 7:44:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And yet here we are a year or more after the taser case and there's been no movement on getting taser's into the hands of the public.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lawsuits.

I think you can just buy online. I think there are sites that will ship to your door.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:13:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
I know guys on LI that have them now.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 10:23:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There was a post on GD with a memo from the New Jersey AG stating that effective immediately all permit applications submitted are "Shall Issue" provided the three criteria New Jersey requires are met. New Jersey for all practical purposes was "No Issue". New Jersey wasted no time sending out that guidance. New York is still scratching its head Licking Their Wounds...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
There was a post on GD with a memo from the New Jersey AG stating that effective immediately all permit applications submitted are "Shall Issue" provided the three criteria New Jersey requires are met. New Jersey for all practical purposes was "No Issue". New Jersey wasted no time sending out that guidance. New York is still scratching its head Licking Their Wounds...

Corrected and added emphasis.

Regarding NJ, WOW and holy crap that was fast!!

Quoted:
ANJRPC Statement:

NJ ATTORNEY GENERAL
ISSUES DIRECTIVE REQUIRING
CARRY PERMIT APPLICATIONS
TO BE PROCESSED WITHOUT
"JUSTIFIABLE NEED"

June 24, 2022. At the close of business today, and in light of the Bruen decision, the New Jersey Attorney General issued a directive to law enforcement agencies and prosecutors mandating that NJ carry permit applications now be processed WITHOUT an applicant having to prove "justifiable need."

CLICK HERE to see a copy of the directive = https://www.nj.gov/oag/dcj/agguide/directives/ag-Directive-2022-07_Directive%20Clarifying%20Requirements%20For%20Carrying%20Of%20Firearms%20In%20Public.pdf

Removed opinion from quoted post.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top