Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2022 8:43:27 AM EDT
Gov. Hochul just said on CBS she will call lawmakers back for a special session next week to respond to SCOTUS's ruling.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 9:19:16 AM EDT
[#1]
And we can all ignore their new laws.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 9:32:54 AM EDT
[#2]
It is interesting in how they are more reserved now, since yesterday morning, in what they are going to designate as "sensitive areas". I guess the legal teams finally got to the point of reading the order where Thomas calls out their potential schemes of creating high fees, undo requirements and overly restrictive zones areas as being open to challenge. At first it was "we are going to make it illegal to carry almost everywhere" and now they are "studying carefully" exactly where they can outlaw carrying.

What will be interesting to see is if there will be blanket prohibitions for all CCW holders or if they will carve out exceptions for "special" people like judges, retired PD, celebrities, etc. The very people who get to enjoy CCW rights now continuing to get preferential treatment. In a way I hope they do because it will be ripe for another smack down by Thomas.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 12:48:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Is NYSRPA going to organize protests at the Capitol to send a message? The left is already organizing their protests to this morning's Dobbs ruling.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:21:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is NYSRPA going to organize protests at the Capitol to send a message? The left is already organizing their protests to this morning's Dobbs ruling.
View Quote

I'm going to preface this serious question with the fact that I have organized (and even mostly paid for out of MY pocket) Busses to Rally in Albany.
Is the juice worth the squeeze?
The Legislators seemingly ignore or pay courteous lip service to those who dare question or interrupt their day without campaign indulgences, what makes any believe that they take such Prescence seriously?
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:37:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm going to preface this serious question with the fact that I have organized (and even mostly paid for out of MY pocket) Busses to Rally in Albany.
The Legislators seemingly ignore or pay courteous lip service to those who dare question or interrupt their day without campaign indulgences, what makes any believe that they take such Prescence seriously?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do they care? No.

Does it make a difference whether there is a rally or not? Yes.

The public sees the left rally and protest and believes that is public consensus because they often see no counterpoint. The media is largely to blame for that as even when we peaceably assemble, they ignore and downplay the numbers. I was at the SAFE Act rallies, I know.

Social media is more powerful and prevalent today and 25,000 lawful gun owners surrounding the Capitol building can't be ignored. My only concern is can we trust somebody not to act the fool, or a Black Swan event to make it all go horribly bad.

My point is we have the momentum and they are desperate, we need to keep the pressure on. The only organization with enough juice to pull something off this quickly is NYSRPA. I hope that they have something in the works. I have one professional obligation Tuesday morning and early afternoon, otherwise my week is pretty wide open and I'd be there.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 7:25:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Gov. Hochul has called the state legislature back into session on Thursday June 30.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 9:59:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Well her and her new law ideas can fuck right off now. This decision is so strong, basically none of NY gun laws old or new will stand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top