Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Go Nolo! That's a scary letter. Remind me never to cross you. Ha.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:14:05 AM EDT
[#3]
There also needs to be a legal letter written to the Rockland County Clerk. Their statement on the clerks website in part reads that they are "...awaiting direction from the State of New York on new protocols and procedures..". That does not comport nor comply with this ruling. Furthermore, the fact is that Rockland County issued the existing pistol permits under their own authority. It is also a fact the application requirements prior to this ruling were the same for a "sportsmen" permit or carry permit. The only difference was they would only give a carry permit to LEO's.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 3:30:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

One “minor” correction.  What SCOTUS rule to be unconstitutional on Wednesday was also unconstitutional on Tuesday, and in fact from day one.

Nice smack down.  “Put on notice” means no immunity.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:04:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll predict that Once some Cop, Judge, county clerk, etc.. actually gets hit with a $$ judgement for violating someone's constitutional right, the concealed carry permits will be flying out the door!
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 1:17:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'll predict that Once some Cop, Judge, county clerk, etc.. actually gets hit with a $$ judgement for violating someone's constitutional right, the concealed carry permits will be flying out the door!
View Quote

I nominate Nassau.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 5:59:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:10:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:50:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Huh, I'd have to imagine saying you don't need numbers isn't the best way to prove governmental need for regulation (and that'd be to even get close to strict scrutiny)... God bless Thomas for laying down text, history, and tradition.  Next, to find an honest lower court judge in NY to apply it...
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:40:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Mass noncompliance with all these laws in light of NYSRPA is the only way. We all know these laws are not in line with text history and tradition.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 2:43:44 PM EDT
[#12]
From what is being released it seems that the governor and legislature will directly ignore SCOTUS today. They will be imposing a de facto ban on carry in all public places. They will also be putting onerous requirements such as 15 hours of live fire training for all carry permits.

Both of those were directly addressed in the ruling as unconstitutional. No shall issue state has any of those requirements.

https://www.longislandpress.com/2022/06/30/hochul-state-to-limit-where-guns-can-be-carried/
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#13]
We need a ton of “you’re on notice, no immunity” letters sent to all NYS LE agencies concerning this, which is blatantly in violation of Bruen.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
From what is being released it seems that the governor and legislature will directly ignore SCOTUS today. They will be imposing a de facto ban on carry in all public places. They will also be putting onerous requirements such as 15 hours of live fire training for all carry permits.

Both of those were directly addressed in the ruling as unconstitutional. No shall issue state has any of those requirements.

https://www.longislandpress.com/2022/06/30/hochul-state-to-limit-where-guns-can-be-carried/
View Quote

So she wants to revive the ammo database? What a witch! Hopefully NYSP will tell her to pound sand.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I guess Suffolk County is refusing to abide by the ruling. They need a letter from Nolo
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 6:06:10 PM EDT
[#16]
This could almost be copied and pasted to several municipalities
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:24:33 PM EDT
[#17]
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/30/nyregion/handgun-concealed-carry-ny.html

Looks like they're going all in, f*** the constitution.
Almost total ban on carrying in NY.

Stop at a restaurant between the range and home - felon

Leave the gun in the car without full lockbox - criminal.

filthy b*tch answered where is carry legal - "some streets"
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 6:44:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I guess Suffolk County is refusing to abide by the ruling. They need a letter from Nolo
View Quote

I am not sure what letters to counties are going to do with the Governor of state is essentially saying we aren't going to follow the ruling.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:06:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I am not sure what letters to counties are going to do with the Governor of state is essentially saying we aren't going to follow the ruling.
View Quote
Nolo sued the governor and won once before and that before the Supreme Court was involved.  

No doubt there will have to be more lawsuits.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 5:56:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Has anyone contacted Suffolk county (or any of them for that matter) & asked them to take the "sportsman" restriction off their permit?
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 6:21:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Has anyone contacted Suffolk county (or any of them for that matter) & asked them to take the "sportsman" restriction off their permit?
View Quote
My friend did.

Suffolk responded that they are awaiting guidance from the state
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 6:36:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My friend did.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My friend did.

The sad part of this is, even though permits will be unrestricted, anywhere you would want to carry will be a class E felony once the next joke of a law passes the D super majority.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:34:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The sad part of this is, even though permits will be unrestricted, anywhere you would want to carry will be a class E felony once the next joke of a law passes the D super majority.  
View Quote
Agreed.

We will all have concealed carry permits in name only.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 9:09:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Look on the bright side if your wife or girlfriend gets raped because she can't defend herself she can have unrestricted abortion in NY.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 4:49:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Attachment Attached File

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/ny-governor-requires-3-years-social-media-history-obtain-concealed-carry-permit

...To that end, Hochul on Friday signed sweeping gun legislation into law that adds several layers of red tape for those who wish to obtain a gun in the state - including a new rule requiring anyone applying for a concealed carry permit to submit a three-year history of their current and inactive social media accounts. The new law will take effect on September 1, 2022.

Applicants for concealed carry permits must also undergo 16 hours of firearm training, provide four character references, and list the contact information for domestic partners or adults who reside in the same house.

Potential applicants will also be required to show "good moral character," meaning "the essential character, temperament and judgment necessary to be entrusted with a weapon and to use it only in a manner that does not endanger oneself and others."

At a press conference regarding the new legislation, Hochul said "we are creating a definitive list of sensitive locations where individuals will not be able to carry firearms."

This list includes "schools, summer camps, libraries, daycares, parks and playgrounds, places children gather, theaters, museums, entertainment venues, places of worship for religious observation, polling places, educational institutions, and health medical facilities. Federal State Local government buildings, homeless and domestic violence shelters, places where alcohol is consumed, restaurants, bars, public transportation, subway buses, airports and at public demonstrations and rallies, and in Times Square."

Another new rule is a "Default of No Concealed Carry on Private Property and Businesses Unless Deemed Permissible by Property Owners." Hochul said of this law, "We are making 'no open carry' the default position for private businesses. That means that any business, grocery store, retail, private home, place that wants to allow guns on their premises will have to demonstrate that and establish that they put a sign out there that says concealed carry guns are welcome here."...
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Only good news I've heard is that that
The NY Witch, all the State Senator's & Representatives are catching heavy heat from big donors who all have NYC carry permits, who will all be Felons under the new laws.
I hope they burn them down!
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 7:27:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The NY Witch, all the State Senator's & Representatives are catching heavy heat from big donors who all have NYC carry permits, who will all be Felons under the new laws.
View Quote

They will get a carve out or a simply ignore it with a wink when it happens to some big donor.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I sure hope this is true.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 8:13:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Oh it's true, I have a family member who is a Fat Cat, I was amongst him & a few other very wealthy permit holders last night, they are all pissed beyond belief.

Quoted:

They will get a carve out or a simply ignore it with a wink when it happens to some big donor.

A carve out? Not happening.
And in this day & age of cameras everywhere the wink & nod days are over!
I do think that, one way or another, that quietly these bullshit new laws will be put to rest. The NY witch will get canned like cumhole & the last few Governors due to some scandal, they are all filthy dirty corrupt commie scum. Who knows maybe the commies will lose some power here in NY.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 10:31:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I sincerely hope thats the truth
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 10:33:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

A carve out? Not happening.
And in this day & age of cameras everywhere the wink & nod days are over!
I do think that, one way or another, that quietly these bullshit new laws will be put to rest. The NY witch will get canned like cumhole & the last few Governors due to some scandal, they are all filthy dirty corrupt commie scum. Who knows maybe the commies will lose some power here in NY.
View Quote

I've believed that as dirty as he was, there was no way that Cuomo picked her as a running mate without knowing that she has skeletons in her closet that he could hold over her.
Now its up to us to find those skeletons.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I've believed that as dirty as he was, there was no way that Cuomo picked her as a running mate without knowing that she has skeletons in her closet that he could hold over her.
View Quote
They must be buried pretty well because her recent primary challengers had nothing. I am sure their teams were working diligently to uncover things.

Link Posted: 7/4/2022 11:45:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Or he selected her because she was a non-threatening incompetent with no problematic background.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 1:07:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Prevent them from claiming Qualified Immunity for not immediately knowing that a SCOTUS ruling prohibits their conduct.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 1:15:02 PM EDT
[#36]
She was one of my town of Hamburg board members, and then Erie County Clerk. Never heard anything untoward about her back then. I'm actually surprised how she's now gone against the Supreme Court ruling. But all of the Dems have become unmanageable the past decade.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

He helped get a mayor indicted when he was a student.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He helped get a mayor indicted when he was a student.

That's awesome. Didn't know that story.

Link Posted: 7/4/2022 2:23:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Or he selected her because she was a non-threatening incompetent with no problematic background.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And to help with the WNY vote
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
She was one of my town of Hamburg board members, and then Erie County Clerk. Never heard anything untoward about her back then. I'm actually surprised how she's now gone against the Supreme Court ruling. But all of the Dems have become unmanageable the past decade.
View Quote

She’s like Biden. She has handlers. Just does what she is told. A puppet.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:08:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

She's like Biden. She has handlers. Just does what she is told. A puppet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She's like Biden. She has handlers. Just does what she is told. A puppet.
It was the same with Gillibrand. She was "A" rated by the NRA and gave hope to the people in her district that she would be a 2A supporter as Senator. Boy where we surprised. Schumer took her to a re-education camp and brainwashed her.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:21:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It was the same with Gillibrand. She was "A" rated by the NRA and gave hope to the people in her district that she would be a 2A supporter as Senator. Boy where we surprised. Schumer took her to a re-education camp and brainwashed her.
View Quote

Can't get the kickbacks, reelection money and cushy committees if you don't.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top