Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2022 7:10:57 PM EDT
Had to drive to NY for a family matter.  It doesn't help that I90 doesn't have open rest stops and rest rooms.

Is this part of stopping Monkey Pox from the mens-room meetups on the thruway? or is their another reason.?

Never liked the thruway stops but a bathroom is occasionally handy "Next rest stop 87 miles" with the one closed as you read the sign is not reassuring"
Also NY doesn't have a visitors center like any other state on the highway?  (I get it - Don't bother nothing to see anyway)

Funny can drive half way across the country without tolls and plenty of off ramps (no charges to off and on the highway) lots bushiness off major roads without hassles.  

Did try my First time at Buc-ees on this trip  (Richmond Ky) The Brisket is indeed a good sandwich for the money.  They have clean bathrooms and the staff was kind and spoke English!
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 7:02:28 AM EDT
[#1]
The entire state is a urinal.  Pull up to the nearest shrubbery and have a wee.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 7:33:50 AM EDT
[#2]
The thru way has rest stops every 30 miles but some are closed for the great revamp.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 7:44:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Also NY doesn't have a visitors center like any other state on the highway?  (I get it - Don't bother nothing to see anyway)
View Quote
I have been to two stops with visitors centers. One on I-87 in Sloatsburg just north of the I-287/I-87 split in Suffern and the other on eastbound I-90 at the Pembroke area. I have not been upstate in many years now but a Google search turned up a center on Grand Island that I do not recall being there in the early 201x's.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 7:52:09 AM EDT
[#4]
the thruway authority is rebuilding each and every service plaza on the entire mainline.
there are in fact, porta potties at each and every plaza being rebuilt, and its for the travelers,  not the construction workers, they have their own
if it is beneath you and your traveling companions to use such a device, then you aint worth listening too

BTW, pretty much each and every exit off the thruway has some sort of convenience store located close to the end of the exit ramp, many are opposite the ramp or along side the ramp

so quit yer bitchin

Link Posted: 6/19/2022 10:29:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the thruway authority is rebuilding each and every service plaza on the entire mainline.
there are in fact, porta potties at each and every plaza being rebuilt, and its for the travelers,  not the construction workers, they have their own
if it is beneath you and your traveling companions to use such a device, then you aint worth listening too

BTW, pretty much each and every exit off the thruway has some sort of convenience store located close to the end of the exit ramp, many are opposite the ramp or along side the ramp

so quit yer bitchin

View Quote

I guess the port-a potties weren't well makrked as for travelers.  The convenience store that is always there but can't be seen is hard to judge

-I stand corrected, your state is well thought out and in good shape - Carry on with perfection.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 6:35:54 PM EDT
[#6]
not all of them are under construction.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 7:15:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The entire state is a urinal.  Pull up to the nearest shrubbery and have a wee.
View Quote

This one nailed it
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#8]
They're renovating them. Every other one is closed
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have been to two stops with visitors centers. One on I-87 in Sloatsburg just north of the I-287/I-87 split in Suffern and the other on eastbound I-90 at the Pembroke area. I have not been upstate in many years now but a Google search turned up a center on Grand Island that I do not recall being there in the early 201x's.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Grand island one is fairly new but not really a good spot. There should be one near Ripley showcasing the wineries
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:15:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

so quit yer bitchin

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2022 10:09:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The Grand island one is fairly new but not really a good spot. There should be one near Ripley showcasing the wineries
View Quote
Thanks for the info. I guess they put it in to service Canadians heading down to the Thruway. My first pit stop was usually Pembroke on the way down from Toronto heading back to Long Island (I would exit the Thruway at Batavia and take 390/86 down to Harriman). Never stopped on Grand Island except to pay the toll southbound. I do recall the giant Godzilla at the auto dealership on the west side of I-190
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 9:56:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

so quit yer bitchin

View Quote

Wow. Thanks for the great report, NYS Thruway authority. Your expensive roadway and way overpriced “convenience” ripoffs are tremendous.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 5:35:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Wow. Thanks for the great report, NYS Thruway authority. Your expensive roadway and way overpriced “convenience” ripoffs are tremendous.
View Quote

do us upstate new yorkers a favor
DONT COME HERE
do us truck drivers a bigger favor
HIT A BRIDGE ABUTEMENT
most all you assholes are shit for brains drivers anyways
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

do us upstate new yorkers a favor
DONT COME HERE
do us truck drivers a bigger favor
HIT A BRIDGE ABUTEMENT
most all you assholes are shit for brains drivers anyways
View Quote

You are an embarrassment, with posts like this. Maybe this site isn’t for you.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 6:18:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 6:19:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Personal attacks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top