Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2022 10:07:15 PM EDT
I have an opportunity in the Selkirk area.  I am an Ohioan.  Worked in central Ohio and Detroit area of Michigan.  What could I expect in the Selkirk area of Albany.  I manage dirty blue collar work, and actually love what I do and the good folks who do it.  My stint on the west coast, I loved the scenery and did not care much for the people. Detroit area was gruesome, but good people. What does Albany offer from those who know the folks and the area?
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 11:47:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have an opportunity in the Selkirk area.  I am an Ohioan.  Worked in central Ohio and Detroit area of Michigan.  What could I expect in the Selkirk area of Albany.  I manage dirty blue collar work, and actually love what I do and the good folks who do it.  My stint on the west coast, I loved the scenery and did not care much for the people. Detroit area was gruesome, but good people. What does Albany offer from those who know the folks and the area?
View Quote

Smalbany?

I’ve lived in the Capital Region since the mid 90s. Not bad, not great, it is after all NY. Our gun laws suck, taxes are height and government is looking to constantly fuck you over. I’d look elsewhere.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 5:42:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Smalbany?

I’ve lived in the Capital Region since the mid 90s. Not bad, not great, it is after all NY. Our gun laws suck, taxes are height and government is looking to constantly fuck you over. I’d look elsewhere.
View Quote

He could live in Vermont and commute to Selkirk.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 6:16:00 AM EDT
[#3]
If your a liberal please move to ny so we can contain you.

If not look else where.  Nys has turned into a mini Cali
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 8:12:23 AM EDT
[#4]
You probably are working Plastics or Insulation?

Try Green County for cheaper housing and no traffic. 9W and 32 isn't bad at all if you don't want to pay tolls on the throughway.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:33:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Smalbany?

I did that commute. All I'll say is Route 7 and Hoosick Street can be a real bitch depending upon time of day and year. I love Vermont which is why we will be retiring there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top