Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2022 7:01:10 PM EDT
Wrote my last check for NY income tax today, FU NYC, NY politicians and stupid anti freedom laws!
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 5:51:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Wrote my last check for NY income tax today, FU NYC, NY politicians and stupid anti freedom laws!
View Quote

That was a great feeling I bet!
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:22:09 AM EDT
[#2]
New York hit me hard due to capital gains taxes that the Feds give me a break on. Really stinks being force to pay for that new stadium in Buffalo along with all the other cr_p yet the roads are still lousy.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:50:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
New York hit me hard due to capital gains taxes that the Feds give me a break on. Really stinks being force to pay for that new stadium in Buffalo along with all the other cr_p yet the roads are still lousy.
View Quote

NY's covert to exit tax....
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:02:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats!!!!   Can’t wait until my turn….
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:09:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:57:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Congrats!  Same here, moved to Florida permanently last August.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:04:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Feels good to get it off my chest!

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 8:18:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Soooo, are you changing your name to Alabama1?
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:52:12 AM EDT
[#9]
god I cant wait to get out of here.  10 more years
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 11:53:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Make sure you keep your past tax records for the next few years in case New York decides to try and screw you over on some kind of tax you "forgot" to pay. Even though I am still here, I am keeping PDF copies from TaxCut going back years in case they ever try to pull some BS in the future.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 1:02:11 AM EDT
[#11]
CPA has records going back 5 years.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I feel ya... we were already here in SC for 2 years before NY did an audit and found that we owed over $2K... I called it a moving out of NY penalty tax ...paid it and swore never to step foot in that state again...
I'm enjoying freedom the way it was intended and still listen to all the excuses my family and friends an NY have for not leaving...
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 2:11:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I keep all of my tax papers from the beginning of time, screw audits
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 6:39:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Welcome to The Club

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 9:51:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Welcome to free Merica' Charleston in the house.  If it weren't for deferred NY wages, I would be done with that shit hole libtard, criminal coddling mess.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:03:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I feel ya... we were already here in SC for 2 years before NY did an audit and found that we owed over $2K... I called it a moving out of NY penalty tax ...paid it and swore never to step foot in that state again...
I'm enjoying freedom the way it was intended and still listen to all the excuses my family and friends an NY have for not leaving...
View Quote

Where did you head?  We are going to Murrells Inlet in 5-6 years when my wife can retire.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:11:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Same here on the taxes. I wrote my final tax checks to New York on the property that I sold in Rochester and Honoeye last year. I am finally done with New York forever. I still have good memories from the beautiful finger lakes but grateful that I never have to return.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 12:01:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Now that the new GOV has signed more shit into law anyone else leaving?
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 2:04:25 PM EDT
[#19]
POD is in the drive way getting loaded up. We should close and take possession on a house in East Tennessee end of June. We come right back up here and close on the sale of our current house. POD gets picked up on the 30th.
We've been packing, selling, giving away, and throwing out stuff for months now.
It ain't hoarding if your shit's cool.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 2:24:06 PM EDT
[#20]
We are looking at places in South Carolina now, speaking to realtors. My girlfriend can transfer her job, I'll be giving up my business it took my 16 years to build and starting from scratch with no idea what I'll do. At least I won't need a license for a rifle, or have to microstamp my pistols.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#21]
We moved to South Carolina, 6 years ago from Rochester. My wife and I's only regret was not doing 10 years before that. Get out as soon as you can and move to a free state!!
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Good for you guys!

Hope more of you leave that sinking hulk of liberal insanity!

2 years in FL have me alot less stressed...

Leaving Remington behind was one of the best things to happen in my life!

I still miss my friends, but not the bullshit!
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 7:17:57 PM EDT
[#23]
And the longer your gone the less you will miss it..  

I encourage all liberals to move north.  

The south will raise again
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#24]
208 days and counting!
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 6:50:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
208 days and counting!
View Quote

Start packing now..  it takes longer than you think to get rid of crap that you collected over the years..  208 days will go by fast
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top