Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2021 7:34:46 AM EDT
At 10:30 am today Assembly Codes Committee Chair Jeffrey Dinowitz will take testimony to examine gun control proposals aimed at further reducing firearm-related accidents and violence, as well as curbing the proliferation of illegal guns in New York, Hearing Room C, Legislative Office Building, Albany.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 10:26:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't even know why they bother to go through the farce of a hearing. There is no proposal, in their eyes, that is not acceptable and will not pass through the legislature if the write a bill for it. Seems we are still playing catchup to Kalifornia.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 11:50:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't even know why they bother to go through the farce of a hearing. There is no proposal, in their eyes, that is not acceptable and will not pass through the legislature if the write a bill for it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I don't even know why they bother to go through the farce of a hearing. There is no proposal, in their eyes, that is not acceptable and will not pass through the legislature if the write a bill for it.

One of the issues is why the ammo database isn't up and running.  SP declined to attend the hearing.

Seems we are still playing catchup to Kalifornia.

That is because not one of the ostensibly 2A groups is even pretending to push back either at the ballot box or in the media.

Link Posted: 10/15/2021 9:10:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

One of the issues is why the ammo database isn't up and running.  SP declined to attend the hearing.

View Quote

After the fiscal fiasco that was Cobis I think that the politicians need to prove that gangbangers buying ammo at retail outlets is a real thing that needs controls in place
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 10:01:18 AM EDT
[#4]
The criminals are running the show.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 6:43:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't even know why they bother to go through the farce of a hearing. There is no proposal, in their eyes, that is not acceptable and will not pass through the legislature if the write a bill for it. Seems we are still playing catchup to Kalifornia.
View Quote

Because that's where the extra money is at:  Legislators get paid additional monies for sitting on committees and even more for Chairing them, then there's that narcissistic grandeur of proposing a Law with your name attached to it that will live in infamy all while using it as a talking point to blame opponents for its failure.
It's really not hard once you accept that its all bullshit to misdirect and lay blame at the foot of your political opposite.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top