Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2021 10:13:11 AM EDT
15 years at the same company has taken a toll on my hands. Tingling from finger tips to up the arm, pain in the thumbs, index and middle fingers. Ongoing for almost 10 years. Handled it with wrists braces and hand exercises. Now, it's a constant attack on both hands. Only relief is dangling my arm off the bed and pressing my elbows against the ribs with palms up. I did a workman's comp for my back and arm years ago and lost. Have not made an appointment with a hand surgeon. Was told to do so when I saw a doc years ago. So now is the time. Would I qualify for WC for time off and medical reimbursement over this? I have a high deductible (8k) shitty medical plan thanks to obamacare. Maybe both hands will meet the deductible. Is this a case in NY? Not looking to see a lawyer. Just to see the doc and file if my concerns are right.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 10:25:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it is covered as an occupational disease.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 2:06:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 3:15:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't handle comp cases but remember a case where a woman had previously managed to get 100% disability for carpel tunnel
View Quote

I have not handled a Workers Comp case since about 1986 but my advice is to find the best Workers Comp attorney in your area even if it costs more up front.  Over your lifetime the extra money you receive will be substantial.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 6:29:02 AM EDT
[#4]
A cop I worked with got a disability pension for it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 8:35:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Some prison guards are getting close to $100k comp settlements from carpal tunnel in both hands, and ulnar (elbow) issues from turning keys.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks but not looking to get paid. Just to get the procedure and therapy taken care of at no cost to me. I'm still young enough to keep working. I feel this is a fix that's needed for my current work.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#7]
It is... My wife used to work ACCT/HR in a machine shop. She has seen several cases...
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Get an Attorney!

Bill
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 9:22:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't handle comp cases but remember a case where a woman had previously managed to get 100% disability for carpel tunnel
View Quote

There are generally no out of pocket expenses to obtain a comp attorney, they get paid as part of the WC claim from the carrier.  Attorneys are like doctors, you wouldn't go to a dermatologist if you broke your leg skiing and shouldn't retain an attorney who is a "main street practitioner" who handles a traffic ticket today, a will tomorrow and a real estate closing the following day.  Look for a firm that specializes in WC and maybe has a secondary area of expertise in municipal disability retirements and/or social security disability cases.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top