Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2021 9:03:44 PM EDT
Syracuse Gun Show at the Fairgrounds this weekend....I have no predictions how or which way it'll go, but it should be interesting!
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:22:30 PM EDT
[#1]
For the long island crew ,  Happauge is this weekend on long island
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 7:59:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Syracuse Gun Show at the Fairgrounds this weekend....I have no predictions how or which way it'll go, but it should be interesting!
View Quote
I'll be there!  Looking mainly for 30-06 rounds, 308 for my buddy, and 6.8 PRC brass for my other buddy!  
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:09:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll be there!  Looking mainly for 30-06 rounds, 308 for my buddy, and 6.8 PRC brass for my other buddy!  
View Quote

Good luck with the search for 30-06 and 6.8 brass
There's so much 308 coming through the pipeline that I'm starting to turn it down when my sales reps call trying to send me backordered ammo. So you shouldn't have any issues finding that
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's going to be tough and expensive.
Over the years I've accumulated many partial boxes and loose rounds of ammunition and never bothered trying to sell them, instead just keeping it around to test fire used guns: It's bagged to be sold as "components for reloading only"  
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 10:26:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Have a good time guys!
I always go but without ARTraffic to go with I'm just not feeling it.  Maybe I'll see you all next time.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 11:35:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I've never been to this show , is it worth travelling from long island ?
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 4:08:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Buddy and I drove up from Rochester. Got there an hour after it opened and there were probably 300-400 waiting to get in.

We figured the building was already at maximum occupancy and they were waiting for people to leave the show before admitting more, so we just left.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 4:13:44 PM EDT
[#8]
We just got home, got there about 915, waited until just before 10 in line but it moved steadily.  Got to stop and talk with fp1201 for a few.  The show seemed like it always did, except maybe a bit more military surplus arms than I've seen in the past.  I didn't find any smoking deals, but my buddy and I both grabbed some overpriced ammo that we haven't been able to find anywhere else.  Overall, good day.  It was nice to see that they were not being mask nazi's.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 6:11:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Saw a few reasonably priced Ruger PC carbines, I'm sure they didn't last long. Huge crowd, high prices, but that's the new normal.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I got there at 0800 and waited.  Didn’t see anything I was interested in that wasn’t overpriced.  Ended up with a streamlight tlr7A for what you could buy it anywhere for but I’d planned on getting one anyway.  Wife and I Left at 1130.

My friend and fellow ARFCOMer wheeled and dealed and got a couple pistols for a real good price
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:40:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Swung by again this AM. Crowd smaller then yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 9:04:24 AM EDT
[#12]
So was it a fuddtastic event?  
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 7:03:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So was it a fuddtastic event?  
View Quote

I wouldn't say that; there are a lot fewer Dealers, especially the "older" ones....there were more non-gun vendors there than usual.
For a Fall Show, we turned a LOT of new and used guns, sold quite a bit of ammunition, and only had to drive off one asshole who ignored all the "Please Do Not Open the Boxes" signs, then gets all butt-hurt when called out.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top