Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2021 4:14:55 PM EDT
Looks to be more of a collector than a criminal just way over the top with his collection.

https://www.lohud.com/story/news/local/rockland/ramapo/2021/09/02/airmont-deputy-mayor-brian-downey-arrested-weapons-charges/5701844001/
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 5:26:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Poor guy forgot where he lives.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 6:53:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I don’t see a collection over the top, strange thing to say about a collection of any type.  Many items in the picture are not prohibited at all but look scary to the public.  This person does not appear to be any threat to the public and in fact the public is less safe now that they have seized his weapons.  

I wonder what he ordered and from who.  They show pictures of surefire suppressors that no dealer would ship without a form 4 and then not likely to NY.   Are there honeypot websites run by homeland security to sell illegal items?
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 7:56:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don’t see a collection over the top, strange thing to say about a collection of any type.  Many items in the picture are not prohibited at all but look scary to the public.  This person does not appear to be any threat to the public and in fact the public is less safe now that they have seized his weapons.  

I wonder what he ordered and from who.  They show pictures of surefire suppressors that no dealer would ship without a form 4 and then not likely to NY.   Are there honeypot websites run by homeland security to sell illegal items?
View Quote

Concur, those Surefires are a ticket to Club Fed, possibly, are they dummies or, Airsoft?

Ugly that they are using the term "gunparts" as something nefarious.

A screw or. a hammer is a gun part... is it some heinous act to order a spring for your 1911?\
So, replacing my tired springs from Bullseye Competition is now propagating gun violence - which is really drug trade turf struggles.

The spin is nauseating, should be more accurate as to exactly what law was broken.

Excuse the rant.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:47:38 AM EDT
[#4]
25+ years ago I lived on the Monsey/Spring Valley border for 12 years off of NY-306. Every day that I drove to work I passed a small sign on the town border that said "Hunting or Discharge of Firearms is illegal in Ramapo" (or similar wording - it has been a long time). That pretty much summed it all up right then and there.

Link Posted: 9/6/2021 8:37:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Looks to be more of a collector than a criminal just way over the top with his collection.

https://www.lohud.com/story/news/local/rockland/ramapo/2021/09/02/airmont-deputy-mayor-brian-downey-arrested-weapons-charges/5701844001/
View Quote

Why is it over the top?

I don’t see anything there that should be illegal
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:49:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why is it over the top?

I don’t see anything there that should be illegal
View Quote

I didn't see anything illegal either. It just looks like a lot of guns to me IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 6:17:32 AM EDT
[#7]
According to the Daily Voice, he came on their RADAR when trying to by a rifle silencer online. The latest is he was found to have fake ID's for FBI, DEA, etc. Not terribly bright it seems.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 9:44:53 PM EDT
[#9]
"sawed-off shotgun" jeez, looks like a Tac 14 to me, though can't tell if he cobbed that one up or, not.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 9:55:57 PM EDT
[#10]
This falls under play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Seems he had a role playing fetish.  Those people scare me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top