Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2021 8:27:55 AM EDT
Going to Hershey with the family, going to stay for a few days. What are my chances of getting a non-resident CCP in Lancaster County PA while I'm there? I currently hold a Westchester restricted permit. Anyone has an experience with this?
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 8:31:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Never mind, Lancaster Co does not issue non-resident permits. It's on their website. Bummer.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 8:55:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I had one but it lapsed.

Did not know they changed policy.

Where do we go now?

Bill
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:17:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 12:45:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Wayne Co. (Honesdale area) issues non resident permits but it requires at least 1 in person trip and you must have an unrestricted NYS license.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 1:13:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Centre county was the only game in town
View Quote

That is where I started.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 5:56:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Lackawanna will issue non res, but you need an unrestricted permit.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 10:20:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
If SCOTUS rules favorably in the Corlett case, they will all be unrestricted
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 7:57:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Mercer was issuing to restricted permit holders. Erie requires an unrestricted before they will issue.  $25 bucks, 20 minutes of time, and a week later it arrives in the mail. You have to go back in person in 5 years to reup
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 9:12:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Both my wife and I got our PA non res permit's from McKean County. We were in and out in 20 minutes with our permits in hand.

Permit Link
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:22:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

You need to make an appointment now because of the COVID

https://www.lackawannacounty.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/carry-permit-update9.16.pdf

ETA hotlink that worked.....
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 12:37:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Centre county was the only game in town
View Quote

Denny Nau was a pretty cool Sheriff.  Had a chat with him when I renewed the first time.  New sheriff now, but just as quick and simple as it ever was.  Bellefonte is a small town, park on the street, walk in, minutes later you've got your CCW.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Denny Nau was a pretty cool Sheriff.  Had a chat with him when I renewed the first time.  New sheriff now, but just as quick and simple as it ever was.  Bellefonte is a small town, park on the street, walk in, minutes later you've got your CCW.
View Quote
Have you been post-COVID?

I had their LTCF when staying in another county for school.  I called up the other county to try to get theirs and was told , essentially, that they wouldn't do it unless I changed my driver's license.  I said, that's nice, but I already have Centre County, so all good, thanks.  The deputy on the phone went into some crazy rant about how Centre wasn't valid in their county and that I would get arrested if he ever saw me.

I called Denny and he basically said, "tell them to suck a dick, I'll back you up if they ever give you a problem" - not in those words - but cool guy

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top