Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 10:16:05 AM EDT
[#1]
So, the Democrats at the Federal level are going to attempt what New York did....what a surprise.
I wonder just how much farther their going to push before we either give in or get it on?  
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 11:01:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Well since they now just ignore the supreme court, they will just do whatever they want… case law and judicial decisions mean squat.

SCOTUS- “Eviction moratorium is illegal, beyond the presidents power and must be ended”
Biden- “oh yea?!?! Well hold my Metamucil and watch this…”
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 6:06:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well since they now just ignore the supreme court, they will just do whatever they want… case law and judicial decisions mean squat.

SCOTUS- “Eviction moratorium is illegal, beyond the presidents power and must be ended”
Biden- “oh yea?!?! Well hold my Metamucil and watch this…”
View Quote

To blatantly say an action is probably illegal while proceeding to continue on with it is hubris's  
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 10:19:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well since they now just ignore the supreme court, they will just do whatever they want case law and judicial decisions mean squat.

SCOTUS- "Eviction moratorium is illegal, beyond the presidents power and must be ended"
Biden- "oh yea?!?! Well hold my Metamucil and watch this"
View Quote
That is one of the glaring loopholes in Article III of the Constitution. There are many others that often lead me to believe the Founding Fathers were either on a coffee break or had just come back from the local tavern when they penned Article III.

There really is no good enforcement mechanism for SCOTUS rulings as we have seen time and again. If the government refuses to go along, or a state for that matter, and DOJ is not willing to enforce, the ruling is essentially null and void. New York has ignored parts of FOPA for ages, arresting people passing through New York with a handgun. Courts have slapped them but they continue any way. SCOTUS can huff and puff on another eviction moratorium ruling but cannot do much else. They cannot issue orders to U.S. Marshals to have the President and CDC head arrested for violating their orders.

It is interesting that there is a case being made now that the eviction moratorium is a violation the 3rd Amendment! Applies in those cases where soldiers are living in private accommodations. Government in essence is quartering them in peace time (if you can call this "peace time"). The only place that I am aware of where the 3rd Amendment is incorporated against the states is the 2nd District but I would have to dig around.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 1:54:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That is one of the glaring loopholes in Article III of the Constitution. There are many others that often lead me to believe the Founding Fathers were either on a coffee break or had just come back from the local tavern when they penned Article III.

There really is no good enforcement mechanism for SCOTUS rulings as we have seen time and again. If the government refuses to go along, or a state for that matter, and DOJ is not willing to enforce, the ruling is essentially null and void. New York has ignored parts of FOPA for ages, arresting people passing through New York with a handgun. Courts have slapped them but they continue any way. SCOTUS can huff and puff on another eviction moratorium ruling but cannot do much else. They cannot issue orders to U.S. Marshals to have the President and CDC head arrested for violating their orders.

It is interesting that there is a case being made now that the eviction moratorium is a violation the 3rd Amendment! Applies in those cases where soldiers are living in private accommodations. Government in essence is quartering them in peace time (if you can call this "peace time"). The only place that I am aware of where the 3rd Amendment is incorporated against the states is the 2nd District but I would have to dig around.
View Quote

I never thought about using the 3rd amendment to fight the eviction moratorium... "Quartering of soldiers" is an interesting argument, especially when you apply it to those who may even work for fed, state or local government in any way shape or form... is welfare payments considered "working for the government"?? its taxed as income... soooo why not...?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top