Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2021 4:06:29 PM EDT
I Moved to Nevada 30 years ago after retiring with 20 years on the Rochester Police Dept. I still had property in Honoeye New York and would spend as much time as I could on the lake. I just returned to Las Vegas after spending the last two months selling everything I owned in New York. The lake house sold quickly and I also had some inherited property that I also sold.  I am now totally free from New York. I still have family there but the crazy taxes and stupid laws are a thing of the past. I am going to miss my friends and the Lake especially. It is bittersweet for me as had the lake property for 40 years. When I moved to Las Vegas it was like paradise for a gun guy but now that too is changing. We have elected to first Democrat Governor in 25 years and he is trying to swing Nevada to the left. We are very similar to New York. The whole northern part of the state is Red except Las Vegas (Clark County) which like NYC, is where the majority of people are. California transplants are moving here by the thousands and bringing their shit laws and ideas with them. The good thing is that our legislature only meets once every two years. The session just ended so we are good for at least that long. Anyway forgive my rant but I always loved The Finger Lakes and I am sad and yet happy to be finally free from New York forever.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 7:07:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Good job making the escape. Congratulations.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 9:22:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:10:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I Moved to Nevada 30 years ago after retiring with 20 years on the Rochester Police Dept. I still had property in Honoeye New York and would spend as much time as I could on the lake. I just returned to Las Vegas after spending the last two months selling everything I owned in New York. The lake house sold quickly and I also had some inherited property that I also sold.  I am now totally free from New York. I still have family there but the crazy taxes and stupid laws are a thing of the past. I am going to miss my friends and the Lake especially. It is bittersweet for me as had the lake property for 40 years. When I moved to Las Vegas it was like paradise for a gun guy but now that too is changing. We have elected to first Democrat Governor in 25 years and he is trying to swing Nevada to the left. We are very similar to New York. The whole northern part of the state is Red except Las Vegas (Clark County) which like NYC, is where the majority of people are. California transplants are moving here by the thousands and bringing their shit laws and ideas with them. The good thing is that our legislature only meets once every two years. The session just ended so we are good for at least that long. Anyway forgive my rant but I always loved The Finger Lakes and I am sad and yet happy to be finally free from New York forever.
View Quote

Good for you!
As for those moving from California to Nevada:  Wait until the water is gone, and we're going to see a mass exodus of epic proportions.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:57:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good for you!
As for those moving from California to Nevada:  Wait until the water is gone, and we're going to see a mass exodus of epic proportions.  
View Quote
Unfortunately they will probably head for the southern Red States and still bring their $#!tty politics and voting habits with them. Never ceases to amaze me how a minority of Blue Stater's can totally eff up a good state. Yet it does not work the other way around
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 4:28:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 2:01:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I rented a UTV and was in an off road area south of Carson City in May and got a little lost.  I stopped to ask directions from a guy and his wife on ATVs open carrying a .357. Turns out he had moved from NY years ago.  He said that he had property in NY but couldn’t go because of COVID restrictions.  Nevada is on my potential “escape from NY” list.  14 months and counting.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 8:32:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Like AJ says, it's a shame the finger lakes area is in NY.  

I know we're not gonna buy another house in NY, once this one is paid off in about 4 years or less, we'll just bank as much as we can until we can escape.  Both our parents are getting older, and Wodstock's parents are having more health issues, so I don't see us moving until they pass.  My parents are still doing pretty good, dad's still able to wrench on his car, and repair stuff around the house, and still works part time.  I know my mom would like to move somewhere a little warmer.

The amount of escapees is eventually going to put a big enough dent in the revenue of the state that they're really going to be in trouble.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 7:29:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The amount of escapees is eventually going to put a big enough dent in the revenue of the state that they're really going to be in trouble.
View Quote

It already is. New York is not only broke, it will have a debt of $60.4 billion by the end of FY 2021.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 12:59:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It already is. New York is not only broke, it will have a debt of $60.4 billion by the end of FY 2021.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The stupid thing is that according to the state constitution, New York State taking on debt is supposed to be approved by the voters. But the government long ago figured out they could get around it by creating "authorities" that do the borrowing. I think it is a running joke to think that the debt of states and the federal government will ever be paid in full. It is kind of funny that a Chinese Real Estate corporation may be the one to cause to house of cards to start to fall. Everyone loaning money to everyone and eventually someone is going to blink causing the jig to be up.

A good article on New York's debt is at https://www.oleantimesherald.com/news/ny-takes-on-billions-in-debt-without-voter-approval/article_7410efdf-2d19-5dec-a6fe-cd2ea8cf197b.html.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Unfortunately they will probably head for the southern Red States and still bring their $#!tty politics and voting habits with them. Never ceases to amaze me how a minority of Blue Stater's can totally eff up a good state. Yet it does not work the other way around
View Quote

NY & all the other Now commie states were not ruined by Americans, they were ruined by the tens of millions of people the politicians brought in from the 3rd world to replace them (It doesn't hurt the commies in the fact that these people breed like rats while Americans stopped having children).
Almost everyone in NYC has an accent from a 3rd world shithole, it's getting uncommon to speak to an actual NY born/Bread person here, these imports & their offspring have been taught that the US Govt. will provide everything they need to survive. Americans have been effectively replaced!
I guess thinking Speaking the Truth like this makes me a  racist White Supremacist!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top