Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2021 7:39:36 PM EDT
Was watching Last of Mohicans and it reminded me of my visit to this area for a marriage . I loved it up there . I’m a gulf coast Texan all my life and haven’t been out of state very much but y’all have some nice scenery there . I know y’all catch a lot of shit on arfcom but most everybody I met would fit in with us . Never give up the fight .
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 8:47:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Thank you good sir

We are keeping up the fight…..behind enemy lines…..surrounded
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 9:20:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Was watching Last of Mohicans and it reminded me of my visit to this area for a marriage . I loved it up there . I’m a gulf coast Texan all my life and haven’t been out of state very much but y’all have some nice scenery there . I know y’all catch a lot of shit on arfcom but most everybody I met would fit in with us . Never give up the fight .
View Quote

Hate to break it too you Last of Mohicans wasn't filmed in NY.

It was filmed mostly in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina. Locations used include Lake James, Chimney Rock Park and The Biltmore Estate. Some of the waterfalls that were used in the movie include Hooker Falls, Triple Falls, Bridal Veil Falls, and High Falls, all located in the DuPont State Recreational Forest
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 9:42:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hate to break it too you Last of Mohicans wasn't filmed in NY.

It was filmed mostly in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina. Locations used include Lake James, Chimney Rock Park and The Biltmore Estate. Some of the waterfalls that were used in the movie include Hooker Falls, Triple Falls, Bridal Veil Falls, and High Falls, all located in the DuPont State Recreational Forest
View Quote

Yes I knew that , the area just seemed similar  
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 9:58:44 AM EDT
[#4]
NYS is just as beautiful state but the liberal's have ruined it..
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 11:15:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Ironically, there is a hamlet of Texas near Lake Ontario, that lies within the township of Mexico, NY.
Known for its Salmon fishing, not chili or salsa.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
NYS is just as beautiful state but the liberal's have ruined it..
View Quote
THIS

I love the Finger Lakes region of New York, having spent my summers as a youth on Skaneateles Lake. The ride on I-86 from around Corning to I-390 and Mount Morris is very scenic too. I was born and raised on Long Island and the beaches and preserves are nice too. Did a 23 mile round trip bike ride to the beach yesterday to go swimming. But the Progressives have absolutely ruined this state. If not for the humans, this place would be very nice. In fact, I feel the same way about California. Spent a lot of time years ago working south of San Jose in a valley community. If not for the fact it is California, I would have considered relocating there. But the politicians screwed it all up though they have help from the voters. As bad as New York State is, I still rank California as #1 in the "derp". We are just playing a game of catchup. It is sad that we cannot recall a Governor like they can in California. But they also have "Initiative and Referendum" that gives you a dose of democracy good and hard.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 9:21:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ironically, there is a hamlet of Texas near Lake Ontario, that lies within the township of Mexico, NY.
Known for its Salmon fishing, not chili or salsa.
View Quote

We went to palaski ? And watched them fish . Funny as hell , they were lined up shoulder to shoulder trying to snag the salmon . Lottsa beer and fights . I laughed my ass off  
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 9:30:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Also the first time I ate buffalo wings was in a bar up there . This was all in the mid 80s so I’m sure things have changed
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:35:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Also the first time I ate buffalo wings was in a bar up there . This was all in the mid 80s so I’m sure things have changed
View Quote

No, the idiots still "fish" like that in October.  I avoid Pulaski during that time.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:16:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't think that way of fishing will ever change up there...  I remember doing that in early 90's
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 12:31:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow, that is a refreshing post for around here.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:44:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Wow, that is a refreshing post for around here.  Thanks!
View Quote

I met good people there , y’all bout same as us outside of big cities . Except y’all talk different .  The ladies seemed to like to hear  me  talk because they never quit asking questions
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
NYS is just as beautiful state but the liberal's COMMUNIST have ruined it..
View Quote

Stop giving the Commies Cover by calling them liberals, there is nothing liberal about anything they believe in.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 7:17:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Stop giving the Commies Cover by calling them liberals, there is nothing liberal about anything they believe in.
View Quote
I prefer the term "Progressives" myself. They are nothing like true liberals who actually supported the entire Bill of Rights. It was Reagan who demonized "liberal" when he should have said "progressive".
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:12:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I prefer the term "Progressives" myself. They are nothing like true liberals who actually supported the entire Bill of Rights. It was Reagan who demonized "liberal" when he should have said "progressive".
View Quote

Progressive is not a good label either as nothing they advocate actually is forward progress I think communist is a good a label as any or perhaps
Regressive?

I lived in rural NY most of my life but yes our enemies destroyed it slowly in the latter 1/2 of the 20th century and have picked up the pace in the 21st.
I beat feet for free America 5 years ago, sometimes you have to recognize you are in a bad tactical position and must fall back to a more defensible one.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:40:34 AM EDT
[#16]
You guys can polish the Turd as much as you want & it will still be a Turd; they are Not Liberal or Progressive, they are Communist, Marxist, Maoist, etc..
Sad part is the true hardcore commies have been so effective at indoctrinating these dumb sheep that most of them do not believe what they themselves have become!
There is no easy way out of this!
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Dammit I didn’t want this to turn into a gd shitfest . .  A Texan talking nice about y’all and it turns into a. Fml
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:30:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I stay with a friend that lives in Mexico and salmon fish up there every year since 1987.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:07:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Upstate NY is beautiful.  We sail and fish all summer, and hike waterfalls the other seasons.  Winter we hike, sail, and ski.

We will never run out of water. Fresh water!  Hunting is awesome, far better than many states.  

Road salt sucks. Communists, Karens, and other urban criminals ruin the place.  Everything is illegal, crime is rampant and expanding, school systems are full of idiots.  The prison system is a revolving racket, oddly enough run by Democrats, two faced scum. No way would I want to be a street cop now. Taxes are outrageous and wasted.

We will be leaving, but we will miss the geography

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:17:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You guys can polish the Turd as much as you want & it will still be a Turd; they are Not Liberal or Progressive, they are Communist, Marxist, Maoist, etc..
Sad part is the true hardcore commies have been so effective at indoctrinating these dumb sheep that most of them do not believe what they themselves have become!
There is no easy way out of this!
View Quote

THIS!
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:50:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Try Otsego and Herkimer counties, the original book was written about that area.
Especially if you an get there last week of September or early October.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#22]
We were just up in the real north country, about 5 miles from Canukistan, last weekend.  Drove thru Mexico again.  It's amazing how many unfinished, or otherwise "junk" classic cars are sitting in people's yards up there.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Upstate NY is an outdoorsman’s paradise.  Currently in the ADK doing some smaller mountains
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 8:50:38 PM EDT
[#24]
I tell people Mexico, NY is south of Texas if you get a good enough map (Texas, NY usually doesn't show on some maps).

Born and raised there. Very large family still lives there.

I went a little further north in Oswego County.

Love the area but it is unfortunate that it is behind enemy lines.

ATVs, Snowmobiles, fishing, boating. All 4 seasons. Hunting. It has it all.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 10:11:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Too bad NYC isn't part of NJ, and you all aren't outvoted by the rubbish that live down there.

My step-mom has a place from her first marriage in Hillsdale, and it is a beautiful area - rolling hills, nice streams and rivers, lots of green.  

I imagine a NY state without NYC being more like Maine.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:16:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fishing is still about the same.   The price of wings is up to $0.80-1.00 ea.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top