Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2021 4:24:52 PM EDT
Any Albany County guys here? I’m curious what others are seeing and experiencing in terms of the length of time for approval of purchase amendments.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Before Covid, Onondaga was walkin, walk out. During covid did one mail in, took about a week.

BtW, Onondaga will be on site to do amendments at the Syracuse gun show this fall.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 10:33:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Tompkins, walk-in, walk out with coupon.
Cortland still pre-loads customers with a coupon. I think that Schuyler does as well
Just had a Jefferson County customer leave, his coupon was walk in walk out as well.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Jefferson County asks for you to make an appointment and it's in and out, can pretty well set your own appointment time during normal hours, takes about 15 minutes and there are only one or two other people ever in the Lobby except maybe for inmate visiting hours, but I'm never there at that time.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I mailed one in to Albany County about a month ago and no word yet. Usual turnaround for my judge is anywhere from one month to three months. I am told that he only signs ammendments once a quarter so if you happen to make it to his desk the day before he signs then great, the day after not so great.

Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:18:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Essex county is walk in and walk out. Has been all along.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I mailed one in to Albany County about a month ago and no word yet. Usual turnaround for my judge is anywhere from one month to three months. I am told that he only signs ammendments once a quarter so if you happen to make it to his desk the day before he signs then great, the day after not so great.

View Quote

Some of my regulars would be in shellshock if they had to wait that long. Heck,I'd be in shellshock. There's no way I have the capacity to hang onto handguns that long. It was bad enough last spring when they closed the pistol permit division during covid. I was playing gun box Tetris trying to get everything in the safe to fit until they started issuing coupons again after about three months
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Ulster Co. used to have the Sheriff's Office issue the amendment right at the pistol permit counter in Kingston.  I actually did a transfer right at the counter one time.  Now the administrative judge in Albany (a democrap) nixed that procedure and we have to wait for the County Court Judge to sign off.  I haven't submitted an amendment since the new regulations went into effect so I cannot give any information on wait time.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Albany County here... Today I received my amendment that I had filed on 06/17.
Envelope dated 07/20

Last year it took 6months due to COVID-19
Filed in April didn't receive until mid Oct.

I have had them as quick as 2.5 weeks once they dropped the requirement that I had to appear before City Court Judge.

All the best
Billy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top