Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2021 3:46:31 PM EDT
https://www.syracuse.com/news/2021/07/gun-buyback-in-syracuse-will-offer-as-much-as-250-for-each-weapon.html

These are the payments offered by the state:

Assault Rifle - $250
Handgun - $150
Rifle or Shotgun - $75
Non-working or antique gun - $25
The payments will be in the form of prepaid gift cards handed out at the site. iPads will also be offered in addition to the gift cards in exchange for working handguns and assault rifles. Only one iPad is allowed per person on a first come first serve basis, regardless of the number of firearms an individual brings.

Maybe it's time to unload that jennings 22 for $150.00 or an ipad, but what will the pistol permit people say when I try to get it taken off my permit?
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 9:30:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 9:36:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Remember the $139 Million in Federal Funds that Cuomo now has access to via his "Emergency Declaration"?
I've got a shit load of junk that'll be going there....fuck 'em!  

The state attorney general's office is partnering with Syracuse Police to try and get guns off the streets with a gun buyback program that has been set up for Saturday, July 24.

Guns can be brought to the Saint Lucy's Food Pantry on Gifford Street from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. that day. They must be unloaded and places in a plastic bag.

No questions are asked of the person dropping off the firearm.

Assault rifles will be worth $250, handguns will run $150 and rifles and shotguns will be worth $75. Non-working or antique guns come out to about $25.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 7:44:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buds will probably pay you more
View Quote

I doubt I could sell it for 50 bucks, the finish is all flaked off. It was given to me years and I've never shot it. I'm half serious about the buy back, however, I can foresee heads exploding at the permit office when I try to remove it from my permit after anonymously turning it in to the state.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 8:37:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 8:53:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Remember the $139 Million in Federal Funds that Cuomo now has access to via his "Emergency Declaration"?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The state attorney general's office is partnering with Syracuse Police to try and get guns off the streets with a gun buyback program that has been set up for Saturday, July 24.

Guns can be brought to the Saint Lucy's Food Pantry on Gifford Street from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. that day. They must be unloaded and places in a plastic bag.

No questions are asked of the person dropping off the firearm.

Assault rifles will be worth $250, handguns will run $150 and rifles and shotguns will be worth $75. Non-working or antique guns come out to about $25.

Well shit so much for that idea. Cuomo banned all the plastic bags.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 5:58:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Should go down and video everyone turning in a gun "where did you get this?"

I bet if you turn in a stolen gun they just destroy it and don't return it
View Quote

That’s a damned good idea.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 8:35:07 PM EDT
[#7]
https://www.syracuse.com/news/2021/07/more-than-250-guns-collected-in-buyback-in-syracuse.html

Organizers also handed out iPads on a first-come, first-served basis to those who brought working rifles or handguns. The supply of iPads ran out within the first hour.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top