Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2021 6:45:11 PM EDT
New bill A-8149, Provides for the posting of firearm signage in certain areas:

" IN AREAS IN WHICH THE RATE OF GUN VIOLENCE IS ABOVE THE NATIONAL AVERAGE, THE DIVISION SHALL NOTIFY THE LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY SERVING SUCH AREA TO POST SIGNAGE IN THE FORM PRESCRIBED BY THE DIVISION "

I have read so much stupid legislative shit over the years, but this is right near the top.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#1]
"Warning!  We, the Government, have voluntarily lost control of this area, which is now crime infested.  Here be monsters!"
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 11:19:54 PM EDT
[#2]
  DANGER!
 THUGS WITH GATS
BEYOND THIS POINT
ENTER AT OWN RISK!
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 3:55:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

" IN AREAS IN WHICH THE RATE OF GUN VIOLENCE IS ABOVE THE NATIONAL AVERAGE, THE DIVISION SHALL NOTIFY THE LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY SERVING SUCH AREA TO POST SIGNAGE IN THE FORM PRESCRIBED BY THE DIVISION "

I have read so much stupid legislative shit over the years, but this is right near the top.
View Quote

Most normal people already know to avoid anything with the name Martin Luther King Jr, if they want to steer clear of the bad part of town. Talk about un-needed legislation
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Most normal people already know to avoid anything with the name Martin Luther King Jr, if they want to steer clear of the bad part of town. Talk about un-needed legislation
View Quote
I would add "Rosa Parks", "Frederick Douglass" and "Malcolm X" named things as well. It never ceases to amaze at how these icons would be appalled at what buildings, streets, etc. named after them, and the areas they encompass, have turned into. It is practically a given that a high school named after "Martin Luther King, Jr." (et. al.) will have lousy test scores, poor attendance and high incidents of violence and drug use
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 10:37:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's just for bragging rights at election time:
"My Brothers and Sisters, the Plague of Gun Violence is being fought be me in the Legislature, the Bill I have Passed are for your's and your Child's Safety, and when you re-elect me I promise to screw do even more!"
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 5:24:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:17:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm sure all the Democrat shit hole mayors will love those signs going up in Albany, Syracuse, Rochester and Buffalo.
View Quote

Won’t happen.  We will see them posted in small towns when there is a murder, since the statistical rate will be high.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:47:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 10:09:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Won't happen.  We will see them posted in small towns when there is a murder, since the statistical rate will be high.
View Quote
My community had a murder back in 2004 (made national news due to a "you've got to be kidding" angle) and another in 2018. One murder would really skew our stats
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 12:29:13 PM EDT
[#11]
they need to put on every dumbacrap house also...
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:07:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Stop proposing or making fucking laws already.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 12:02:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 8:17:59 AM EDT
[#15]

My guess is Mad Max...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top