Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 8:45:54 PM EDT
[#1]
So the ghost gun bills...plus some other bullshit...

Then microstamping??

That will ban all handguns in NY because no gun maker will be able to afford the manufacturing changes and additional hoops to jump through to distribute to NY.

Will this past the Senate too?

This is a major problem.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:22:01 PM EDT
[#2]
So they are passing constitutional carry
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:22:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Criminals gangs are running the show now.  Once they get you out of the way they can do as they please.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 11:51:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I assume these all have companion bills in the senate? Does the senate recess at the same time as the assembly?
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 12:54:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I assume these all have companion bills in the senate? Does the senate recess at the same time as the assembly?
View Quote

Session is scheduled to end Thursday
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 7:06:38 AM EDT
[#6]
The assembly press release didn't mention the mandatory training bill.
Interesting since its ready in both houses I believe. They'll probably drop that one on us in the middle of the night though.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 7:48:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Everyone needs to call the sponsors and co sponosors in both the house and Senate about microstamping. It may pass.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 3:36:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Everyone needs to call the sponsors and co sponosors in both the house and Senate about microstamping. It may pass.
View Quote

Who are these scumbags? I'll call.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 7:36:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Who are these scumbags? I'll call.
View Quote

https://www.nyassembly.gov/leg/?term=2021&bn=A07926

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2021/s4116

You can just Google each of the reps and it will come in with their page. Click contact. Call both the Albany office and district office. Say you are in their zip code and they will listen more seriously.

Leave messages. They almost never answer but almost always call you back. I spoke with almost every legislative director. They all seem shocked at my points. Genuinely. But most admit it's all politics and pandering to say they "did something." Very frustrating but I have changed some minds and gotten bills pulled and changed like the ghost gun bills. I got the worst part removed.

Be polite and tell them how dumb microstamping is.

Criminals can defeat it in seconds.
It will ban all handguns when manufacturers can't afford to re-tool.
Criminals can just steal spent shells at ranges and implicate people easily for murders.

Link Posted: 6/10/2021 8:28:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://www.nyassembly.gov/leg/?term=2021&bn=A07926

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2021/s4116

You can just Google each of the reps and it will come in with their page. Click contact. Call both the Albany office and district office. Say you are in their zip code and they will listen more seriously.

Leave messages. They almost never answer but almost always call you back. I spoke with almost every legislative director. They all seem shocked at my points. Genuinely. But most admit it's all politics and pandering to say they "did something." Very frustrating but I have changed some minds and gotten bills pulled and changed like the ghost gun bills. I got the worst part removed.

Be polite and tell them how dumb microstamping is.

Criminals can defeat it in seconds.
It will ban all handguns when manufacturers can't afford to re-tool.
Criminals can just steal spent shells at ranges and implicate people easily for murders.

View Quote

If they want to do something about crime they could start by putting actual criminals who endanger society back in prison where they belong
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:14:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If they want to do something about crime
View Quote

But, they don't.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 12:52:56 PM EDT
[#12]
So what kind of unconstitutional crap can we expect to get passed by midnight tonight?
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Microstamping, lead ammo ban still possible
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 3:12:00 PM EDT
[#14]
When does it look like this stuff is going to get signed?
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Bills are sent to the Governor in batches.  Could be anytime before the end of the year.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 8:06:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Is it over? Can you list what passed?
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:00:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Is it over? Can you list what passed?
View Quote

Senate adjourned and are at the call of the Senate president pro temp

Assembly is in recess at the moment
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 6:39:54 AM EDT
[#18]
I believe it is over for the year.  I will post the list of what passed soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top