Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2021 7:21:35 AM EDT
A-6762B, Relates to the dangers to the safety and health of the public caused by the sale, manufacturing, importing and marketing of firearms, has been amended and resubmitted to Assembly Codes.  Companion S-7196 has been introduced to Senate Rules.

Last scheduled session day before recess is Thursday the 10th.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:33:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Who's next? Car manufacturers? Distilleries? This is not where we need to go.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 6:48:05 PM EDT
[#2]
From the previous thread on this, it affects everyone up through the retail chain, including your local FFL.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:41:06 PM EDT
[#3]
It’s a back door gun ban
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 7:37:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Experts on several firearm legal forums have stated flat out this bill will not survive even the most basic court challenge. It infringes on the interstate commerce clause and is also goes against the PLCAA.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 1:27:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Experts on several firearm legal forums have stated flat out this bill will not survive even the most basic court challenge. It infringes on the interstate commerce clause and is also goes against the PLCAA.
View Quote

Seems to me that a whole battery of "Experts" said that Remington couldn't be sued and Federal Law said so, yet the barrage of Litigation against Big Green Bankrupt them. (partially) With that Company gone, I suspect they absolved themselves of past judgements and pending litigation as the New Company making guns from Original/past Remington Designs might not have taken those liabilities.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 11:26:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Seems to me that a whole battery of "Experts" said that Remington couldn't be sued and Federal Law said so, yet the barrage of Litigation against Big Green Bankrupt them. (partially) With that Company gone, I suspect they absolved themselves of past judgements and pending litigation as the New Company making guns from Original/past Remington Designs might not have taken those liabilities.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't Remington sued because of faulty triggers and safety's that lead to NDs on some 700 models?

Iffy though as it very well could have been home trigger mods that lead to the Iffy triggers and safety's...

But still that's because of a dangerous product defect...not just because of the existence of a product.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:21:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Wasn't Remington sued because of faulty triggers and safety's that lead to NDs on some 700 models?

Iffy though as it very well could have been home trigger mods that lead to the Iffy triggers and safety's...

But still that's because of a dangerous product defect...not just because of the existence of a product.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe that is correct. Remington was not sued for misuse of a product, which is protected under PLCAA.

There is still that pending lawsuit in Connecticut against Remington/Bushmaster over the Sandy Hook weapon. It was initially struck down under PLCAA but a state court revived it. Remington appealed and tried to get SCOTUS to stop it dead in its tracks. SCOTUS instead allowed the case to proceed in 2019 but that was not a finding of guilt or innocence. They want the District Court to do its job and that should result in the case being dismissed eventually but who knows. SCOTUS also had a different make up in 2019.

New York might be able to apply its law to instate firearms manufacturers but going after interstate manufacturers would be problematic. We'll find out soon enough when the first suits against it are filed.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 6:43:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Has Rudy voiced his support yet?
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:43:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

supposedly  the "defect" wasn't: one of two things (or combination of) lead to problems: 1) people dicking around doing their own "trigger jobs" on them or 2) contamination from solidifying lubricants or other contaminants.  I have a 700 that I hadn't had out or fired in a very long time, and discovered while examining it that the trigger assembly had gummed up from dried lube: had I closed the Bolt on a Live Round it probably would have gone off, still I would not blame the design of the lockwork for failure of a lubricant that might or might not even be approved for use.  Disassembly with a through, proper cleaning has is back to 100%
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 8:32:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

supposedly  the "defect" wasn't: one of two things (or combination of) lead to problems: 1) people dicking around doing their own "trigger jobs" on them or 2) contamination from solidifying lubricants or other contaminants.  I have a 700 that I hadn't had out or fired in a very long time, and discovered while examining it that the trigger assembly had gummed up from dried lube: had I closed the Bolt on a Live Round it probably would have gone off, still I would not blame the design of the lockwork for failure of a lubricant that might or might not even be approved for use.  Disassembly with a through, proper cleaning has is back to 100%
View Quote

And at the height of the trigger issue some sources declined to sell me trigger parts unrelated to the 700. Would only ship to gun repair shops.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top