Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2021 5:37:41 PM EDT
I recently picked up a Tanfoglio Witness Stock 2 in 10mm

I guess it's fairly easy to swap between calibers by changing barrels, springs, and sometimes slides and mags.

Does anything need to be done in respect to our permits if I swap caliber? I can foresee myself swapping to a 40 or 9 for summer range time, and then back to 10 for winter CCW when I'm bopping around the ADKs or Methville, NY for work.

Apologies in advance if this is a silly question. Pretty new to both handguns and caliber swaps. I've never even strayed from 223/556 on my ARs.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 7:53:03 PM EDT
[#1]
My permit now lists my P320 in each caliber I have barrels for, 9mm, .40 and.357.  I added the extra calibers to my permit when I got them.. The permit office was a bit dense about the barrels not being actual firearms at first.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 7:59:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 9:09:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.

I look forward to dealing with Erie County's brightest when I add those on.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 3:59:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a few listed as "frame only" no caliber.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 10:58:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're supposed to tell the pistol permit bureau. I assume they'll charge you to list the same gun with a different caliber
View Quote

It depends on the county too. Otsego didn't care back when I asked them.OTOH ARTraffic had to register the 9mm barrel for his Glock 23 basically as a separate pistol on his permit.  That proved confusing after he passed away because I was the only person who knew what the deal was and everyone else thought the 9mm barrel was another complete handgun that was missing.

Thats right- they made him register the barrel...
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 6:08:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:55:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This is what they do in Orange County.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're supposed to tell the pistol permit bureau. I assume they'll charge you to list the same gun with a different caliber

This is what they do in Orange County.

Putnam always did this for guns like th eTC Contender, and started doing this a while back for handguns. My multi caliber guns went on my license so long ago they are still registered as single caliber.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:57:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks guys.

I look forward to dealing with Erie County's brightest when I add those on.
View Quote

There are some wonderful people in their Pistol permit office
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top