Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2021 8:56:20 AM EDT
I noticed we were the only hometown forum that was grayed out from inactivity.

Let's change that.

Anyone get out turkey hunting yesterday?
Or Pike fishing ?

I was suppose to do both yesterday but ended up working a tree job.
Maybe some morning this week if its not raining.

Let's see those turkeys.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:42:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I screwed around all day yesterday instead of hunting or fishing, but I did score a good deal on a trijicon scope at the local arms dealer ??
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#2]
It would be nice to schedule another Albany-area Get-together. Meeting at a restaurant might be tough, last I knew Twin Trees doesn't have the big room open yet for us.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not too far from the Uncle Andy's lair lol, meet and greet sounds kinda cool
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 11:15:07 AM EDT
[#4]
At Calverton waiting on line to get in….
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 12:43:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Everyone has left New York and now lives in Texas, Florida, South Carolina, or Tennessee.

Link Posted: 5/2/2021 12:49:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Went to the LGS around the corner from Old Arfcom yesterday.  Got a cleaning rod, some bore brushes, couple SR9 mags.  Talked with the owner and his wife (been friends with them for years) while Wodstock was doing some shopping at Aldi.

Cut some wood pieces to reinforce the table ledges in the travel trailer, for when you put the dinette table down to use as a bed.  Wodstock sanded and stained them yesterday, when they're dry we'll install them.

Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It would be nice to schedule another Albany-area Get-together. Meeting at a restaurant might be tough, last I knew Twin Trees doesn't have the big room open yet for us.
View Quote

Was at Swifty’s in Albany last night. Big place with lots of seating inside and a large patio. Used to be known as Beff’s. A bunch of us went there after a SAFE Act rally.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Not sure how I would find the time to go to Albany. Pretty much every day consists of sitting in the shed  for gun transfers and ammo sales. A few mornings a week to hike and a couple of county work days . Pretty much every week is more of the same
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:54:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Not sure how I would find the time to go to Albany. Pretty much every day consists of sitting in the shed  for gun transfers and ammo sales. A few mornings a week to hike and a couple of county work days . Pretty much every week is more of the same
View Quote

We're starting to slow down, which is a change from the last two years.
Dems are in control, so we're not going to get much if anything pro-gun done...I was somewhat surprised by SCOTUS taking up the NYSRPA Case, and I suspect it was done so before the Dems can pack the Court.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:16:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been out campaigning pretty much every day I'm not working.  Going on week 6 of waiting for unemployment to pay my wife so we can stay above water, it's getting a little stressful.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Wanting to go shooting, but a fear of not being able to restock my ammo supply makes me hesitant.  I need to inventory all ammo to see what I can afford to shoot.  Guessing I have a few extra boxes of 7.62X39!

Refinished an Oak dining room table and right now I am waiting for the final coat of Polyurethane to dry.

Yeah, let's get some activity going here!

Bill
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 12:48:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've been out campaigning pretty much every day I'm not working.  Going on week 6 of waiting for unemployment to pay my wife so we can stay above water, it's getting a little stressful.
View Quote

my wife was able to speak to a human that was able to transfer her to another human that helped her with the same issue of waiting and having it process.
she selected the hearing impaired option and the automated system forwarded her to a human
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Went out and called for a young hunter. Heard toms but they were across the creek and did not come over. Then someone on that side shot, end of story.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:13:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Hello fellow firearms enthusiasts!
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#15]
still havent had time for myself. no hunting or fishing. my buddy sent me pictures of 41 and 43 inch pike he got on Sacandaga
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hello fellow firearms enthusiasts!
View Quote

What Enthusiasts?  Not here since 2008.  We talk about local places to go out to eat, nothing more.

Bill
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 5:59:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Everyone has left New York and now lives in Texas, Florida,North/South Carolina, or Tennessee.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone has left New York and now lives in Texas, Florida,North/South Carolina, or Tennessee.

had to fix it
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 11:39:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What Enthusiasts?  Not here since 2008.  We talk about local places to go out to eat, nothing more.

Bill
View Quote

Hah, you ain’t kidding.

That being said, I just got into reloading and after 20+ years of shooting finally got off my ass and got my permit and first pistol.  

Tiny glimmer of hope
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That being said, I just got into reloading and after 20+ years of shooting finally got off my ass and got my permit and first pistol.  

View Quote

I am waiting on a lead for reloading equipment to call me.  I saw the equipment and there is everything needed plus some more!

Welcome to the pistol arena!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top