Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2021 6:18:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:31:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Cuomo was supposedly supporting crossbow use throughout bow season and the use of modern crossbows with no width requirement. Looks like all that got dropped with pressure from Long Island. I guess some Long Island Democrat is the head of some committee that killed it?
View Quote

Proper Homage was not presented to the Rulers, therefor the indulgence is denied....fuckers!

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:32:02 AM EDT
[#2]
The "traditional" bow hunters have a loud voice in Albany and have pitched a fit any time the peasants (crossbow hunters) try to intrude on their fiefdom.  I expect that happened again this time.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:52:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 3:47:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Won't allow crossbow hunting bc the crossbow is .75 of an inch too narrow but are going to be adding a second late muzzleloader season in the southern tier....sounds about right for NY.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:28:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Just another season of waiting. Really sucks. Plenty of older/physically limited hunters who had to give up bow hunting and they give us two weeknds to hunt with crossbows.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:37:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just another season of waiting. Really sucks. Plenty of older/physically limited hunters who had to give up bow hunting and they give us two weeknds to hunt with crossbows.
View Quote

Over here__
I have a hard time shooting a Handgun with my Right arm let alone pulling a Bow String back....The purest bitch and whine about how unfair it Crossbows are, which is abject horseshit given the level of archery equipment available and widely used today.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:52:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Latest from the Hunter Education Program Manager:
"Dear HEP Instructors,  

In my email earlier this week, I forgot to include an update about crossbows. As you know, there were several proposed crossbow changes in the state budget, including expanding when they could be used and requiring everyone who hunts with a crossbow to have bowhunter education certification.  None of those crossbow proposals made it into the final budget.  

So, other than the fact that supervised 12 and 13 year olds can now hunt deer with a crossbow in counties that pass a law to allow it, there are no other changes regarding crossbows this year.  

"
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:08:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There's a bowhunter group that is very successful and aggressive about limiting hunters during bow season. Fighting crossbows is just another way for them to keep other people from being able to hunt.
View Quote

Yes there is. They even bitch about turkey hunters.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:24:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes there is. They even bitch about turkey hunters.
View Quote

And Youth Hunting
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:51:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 11:49:44 PM EDT
[#12]
More like these douchedags?

New York Bowhunters Inc. Statement of Policy

New York Bowhunters, Inc. (NYB) is opposed to the use of any implement; other than those bows drawn, held and released by hand in any archery season, or archery only area.

Furthermore, NYB is opposed to the creation of any new hunting or fishing season or the extension of any existing season which will decrease the length of the archery only season or displace the season into less favorable dates.

While NYB recognizes and supports the rights of hunters who chose to use other implements in separate hunting and fishing seasons, we will oppose any effort to establish hunting and fishing seasons where the ultimate aim is inclusion in the archery only seasons or archery only areas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top