Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2021 12:10:35 PM EDT
Moving out of state. I need to transfer some handguns down south. I already have a FFL to receive the firearms in SC.

I need a FFL somewhere near Ithaca. Chemung County would be best.

Anybody know one? Thanks.

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 12:31:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Moving out of state. I need to transfer some handguns down south. I already have a FFL to receive the firearms in SC.

View Quote

I've used Scotts Guns in Horseheads numerous times. Scott is a good guy, and he's right up the street from where I work.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 12:49:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Isnt tc556guy in that area... Or maybe Im way off
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:36:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

@tc556guy
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:22:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in the freeville area.
Don't know how that relates to your location
They won't let you carry your own handguns to your new state?
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:29:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Not sure about carrying the handguns. I'm taking all my long guns myself.

I live in Van Etten. I called the Chemung County Pistol Permit office, they said to have an FFL transfer them.

My daughter lives near Freeville, so I know where that is. If you want to IM me your location I would rather do this through you than a stranger.

This won't happen for another month or so. I just went to contract selling my home and closing won't be for a few weeks at least.

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:02:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I live in Van Etten. I called the Chemung County Pistol Permit office, they said to have an FFL transfer them.

My daughter lives near Freeville, so I know where that is. If you want to IM me your location I would rather do this through you than a stranger.

This won't happen for another month or so. I just went to contract selling my home and closing won't be for a few weeks at least.

View Quote

Pack them in your car and take them with you same as your long guns: you're not transferring them to someone else, and the receiving Dealer if it was even required to send to does not need them to come from an FFL especially given they're registered to you on your NYS Licenses. Clerks are Parrots.
South Carolina is Free State that does not require an indulgence from the Lord of the State to own a Handgun.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:05:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah OP no FFL needed if you are moving out of NY.

If you want to be nice, notify your county clerk you are moving. If they give you any issues tell them to screw off...you are moving to a free state.

An ffl is only needed for transferring to someone else out of state.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 8:55:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just take them with you.  That's what I did when I escaped in 2014.  SC doesn't care one bit.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 7:02:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks everyone. Looks like I'll be bringing them down myself.

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 7:35:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks everyone. Looks like I'll be bringing them down myself.

View Quote

Good! Saw your initial post and thought you were PCSing or something. Only a few states require incoming residents to have firearms processed thru a FFL (NY & MA for example).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top