Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2021 9:35:24 AM EDT
I recently got a cold call out of the blue from a NYS Assembly person, asking to set up a meeting.  Turns out, they are looking to help find someone to run against my town supervisor as well as my county legislator.  I'm currently on my town's board of fire commissioners and dabble in republican activities in my county.  I've decided to run for the county seat, but I've never "run" a campaign.  It'll be a primary in June against an incumbent of about 20 years.  The assembly person promised assistance from their office, but I'm interested in looking for a company that might provide services for a campaign.  Social media, print media, signs, petitions, etc.  There is one local company that I got a quote from but I'm interested to see if there are any other similar companies across the state.  Google hasn't been very helpful.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Turnout for primaries is always very low.  Get the voter list from the BOE and send a GOTV postcard to the active & inactive Republicans in the district.  You can use VistaPrint and Build A Sign.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:42:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice! What county? I know a few politicians upstate but let me know your general area.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:47:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice! What county? I know a few politicians upstate but let me know your general area.
View Quote

Jefferson
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Good luck with the campaign!
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:07:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I'm on my way.  Petitions will be walking shortly.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#6]
PM sent, this is what I do.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 2:50:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
PM sent, this is what I do.
View Quote

You will be well served to listen and heed Hiram's advise.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 10:35:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Outstanding!

This is how we fix the country
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 4:24:56 PM EDT
[#9]
On the petition grind!  An online petitioning system would make running for a local office much easier for working families.  Working weekends, I'm only able to get out and see people and get signatures from like 5p-7p.  Thankfully, I have the next 2 weekends off and should be able to get my required numbers.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 5:06:37 PM EDT
[#10]
outstanding !!!! you will make a difference
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#11]
What district in Jefferson County?
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:08:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What district in Jefferson County?
View Quote
District 3
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 4:28:00 PM EDT
[#13]
My palm/rack cards are in!  This weekend and next weekend will be big for petitioning.  That said, any registered Republicans in the Jefferson county (northern) area that are interested in helping would be welcome!  I need volunteers that would be willing to take a stack of cards, petition sheets, and a list of Republican voters and start knocking on doors.  Let me know if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 6:32:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Order the county voter list from the BOE website.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 6:40:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Order the county voter list from the BOE website.
View Quote
Already got it, but thanks
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
District 3
View Quote

Wish I could sign the petition but I'm not in that district.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 6:59:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Can you post a .JPG of the handouts?
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 7:05:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Can you post a .JPG of the handouts?
View Quote
Sure, a little later when I get home.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 8:20:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 9:44:03 PM EDT
[#20]
If you give me an unredacted copy I will share it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 9:52:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If you give me an unredacted copy I will share it.
View Quote

PM sent
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 6:41:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 8:58:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Nice. Good luck man.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 3:48:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I think I saw something on Instagram about your run!
Good luck and let us know if you need any extra votes!
View Quote
My social media isn't set to launch until after petitions are in,  but good to know and I'll share them here when they go live.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 6:36:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Best wishes from your neighbor to the south!

( Oswego County )
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 7:23:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Campaign is going well.  I'm getting out with palm cards and yard signs just about every day and evening that I can.  Can't believe the amount of people that don't know who their representative is, much less have met/spoke with them.  Pushing hard to the primary in June.  

Switched over my facebook to a business page instead of a profile.  Would appreciate any likes and follows!  Thanks!

Link
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 4:28:05 PM EDT
[#28]
We drove thru your district on the way to Chateaugay a couple weekends ago.    Will have to say hi next time we're in the area.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
We drove thru your district on the way to Chateaugay a couple weekends ago.    Will have to say hi next time we're in the area.
View Quote

Please do!
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 7:14:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 7:21:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I asked someone why a politician I knew didn't get re-elected.
"he doesn't like going out and knocking on doors. [guy who won a different race] you see him out all weekend. He knocks on every door in the county, goes down every dead road, he talks to everyone, party doesn't like him but he gets re-elected"
View Quote

Seems like every waking moment I've had not working or taking care of the farm, I've been out knocking on doors and meeting people.  Getting really good reactions and people seem to appreciate the visits.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 8:04:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Well, we're 2 days away from Primary day.  I'm creeping up on 1000 doors knocked.  Mailer went out, Robo calls from myself and an endorsing state assemblyman went out today and tomorrow, and a mass text is planned for Primary day.  I'm pumped and nervous at the same time, and also ready for a break.  A win for me on Tuesday basically locks it up for me, with no D challenger on the ticket, only a write in campaign could be an issue, which I think is highly unlikely.

Campaigning has been an experience.  I've never been the kind that enjoyed meeting a lot of people at once, or going door to door for things, but I've gotten used to it and I am definitely seeing the results.  I've been bitten by 3 dogs so far, and a constituent backed into our vehicle, but I'm pretty sure all those people will be Yes votes .  I've spoken to people that have lived in their homes all their lives and have never been visited by their representatives, much less a candidate.  If I can get everyone that's given me a firm "Yes" to the polls, then I think I have this thing won.  Tuesday will be a long day!
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 11:30:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Good luck to you.  Lots of people complain about things, and can't even be bothered to try to help someone else win, much less step into the ring themselves.

You are to be commended for your work and effort.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Good luck !
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 12:15:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Good luck today
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 10:00:25 AM EDT
[#36]
update ?

u in ?

Link Posted: 6/28/2021 11:13:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Sorry, totally forgot about updating this.

We lost about 60%-40%.  Total votes were in the 760s, sorry I just got off a double shift and don't have anything in front of me.  

A disappointment for sure, but I'm looking at it as a setback, not a loss.  I have the conservative line in November so I'm still on the ballot, and still in the race.  

I feel like a ran a very good campaign and got decent results for being a political newcomer against a 20 year incumbent.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#38]
not even a setback... you learned a lot.. next time around you will do better... you starting to understand the game... kudos for doing it...

Now next time you will be even better

Link Posted: 7/6/2021 4:11:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Sorry, totally forgot about updating this.

We lost about 60%-40%.  Total votes were in the 760s, sorry I just got off a double shift and don't have anything in front of me.  

A disappointment for sure, but I'm looking at it as a setback, not a loss.  I have the conservative line in November so I'm still on the ballot, and still in the race.  

I feel like a ran a very good campaign and got decent results for being a political newcomer against a 20 year incumbent.
View Quote

I'm not in your district, but I watched your campaign closely, you and your opponent ran respectable campaigns.  Out of curiosity, what has Reed done that you felt he needed to be replaced?

Also, THE BIG issue in our legislature is the chair.  That narcissistic prick needs to go. I've never seen such a blatant personal power grab attempt in my life. Between that, and his attempt to destroy my industry at the beginning of lockdowns--as well as his insulting, threatening response to me when I personally told him he absolutely did NOT have the authority to make any changes was eye opening.

His voicemail back to me eating crow after I involved 2 other legislators was beautiful though. I've saved it on case I ever need it lol.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 5:05:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm not in your district, but I watched your campaign closely, you and your opponent ran respectable campaigns.  Out of curiosity, what has Reed done that you felt he needed to be replaced?

Also, THE BIG issue in our legislature is the chair.  That narcissistic prick needs to go. I've never seen such a blatant personal power grab attempt in my life. Between that, and his attempt to destroy my industry at the beginning of lockdowns--as well as his insulting, threatening response to me when I personally told him he absolutely did NOT have the authority to make any changes was eye opening.

His voicemail back to me eating crow after I involved 2 other legislators was beautiful though. I've saved it on case I ever need it lol.
View Quote

I felt that the district has gotten a little too stagnant, and that the entire district wasn't being represented.  Only certain areas in the district were getting any attention.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top