Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2021 1:49:56 PM EDT
You guys may or may not have seen my other thread here about my nightmare experience with Caprara's CDJR of Alexandria Bay.  I'm curious if I would have a case if I hired a lawyer to try to get something back from them.  Posted it here in hopes to get more NY based experiences and advice.  From what I've read, this doesn't rise to the level of the used vehicle part of the lemon law.  What I'm thinking is that there are known/unknown issues with this truck that will bring the resale value down.  The only thing the dealership is offering to do at this point is keep sending the truck to their Ford store to find nothing wrong with it, or trade me into another truck, but the only options for trucks offered to me are either less truck than what I have now either by year, miles, or features, or they want me to end up paying more.  They can't or won't buy back the truck, I'm not familiar with how things like this work so I don't know if it's that they won't or there's something actually stopping them from a buyback other than they'd lose money.  I still have some factory warranty and an extended warranty (provided by them, financed with the truck) that should cover future issues, but I feel that they owe me something more.  

Am I dreaming or would I have some sort of a legal case here?
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I had an issue with my used 2017 Tacoma. After I purchased the truck I noticed a few things wrong. A few bolts missing from the hitch is one example and a few aftermarket items the lease added . After all I did buy a certified Toyota Tacoma for $30K plus.  I asked the dealer to fix the items discussed however they dragged their feet for a few weeks. I called a few times and was not really getting the cooperation I would expect. Fuck them I called Toyota customer service and  explained the issues. With that said I got a case number to reference. I waited a few weeks  for the dealer to respond but they did nothing but give promise. I finally said enough of this shit and called Toyota back with the case number Toyota called the dealer with me on the phone line.

That week my truck was in the shop with everything repaired and then some. The dealership is pretty proud of themselves for the corrective action but I had to carry the assholes over the finish line you may have to do the same.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Didn't Caprara buy back the A-Bay store here very recently?
Was your purchase before or after? There in may be the problem....
Calling and speaking DIRECTLY with Charlie or Billy might be your best bet...
From first hand exposure, many of the "managers" are such just because they outlasted all the people that quit or were fired.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:51:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Didn't Caprara buy back the A-Bay store here very recently?
Was your purchase before or after? There in may be the problem....
Calling and speaking DIRECTLY with Charlie or Billy might be your best bet...
From first hand exposure, many of the "managers" are such just because they outlasted all the people that quit or were fired.
View Quote
They re-bought it back in 2019.  They've got Taylor, the dirt racer running it.  I've been in almost constant contact with him as well as Billy through friends.  We made some progress towards a resolution today, I'm hoping to trade out of it tomorrow or extend the warranty if I keep it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:06:52 PM EDT
[#4]
As I answered in the other thread there is no recall for the cameras. There is a TSB. And they are on backorder for every dealer not just yours. I have several customers here waiting or that waited weeks for one. So no..you can't make them buy it back for a parts issue. I wish I had a dollar for everytime someone screamed "LEMON LAW!!!OMG" on this website with absolutely 0 idea of what it takes to get a vehicle bought back.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:08:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
As I answered in the other thread there is no recall for the cameras. There is a TSB. And they are on backorder for every dealer not just yours. I have several customers here waiting or that waited weeks for one. So no..you can't make them buy it back for a parts issue. I wish I had a dollar for everytime someone screamed "LEMON LAW!!!OMG" on this website with absolutely 0 idea of what it takes to get a vehicle bought back.
View Quote

The camera ended up being a bad wire in a wiring harness.  They half assed trying to fix it and tried to blame it on a recall.  There is in fact a recall for 2020 trucks and SUVs on the cameras.  They saw/knew that and tried to blow me off using that as an excuse.

And my post says specifically that I know it doesn't rise to the level of lemon law issues.  I'm talking about diminished resale value due to an unidentified electrical issue.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:56:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The camera ended up being a bad wire in a wiring harness.  They half assed trying to fix it and tried to blame it on a recall.  There is in fact a recall for 2020 trucks and SUVs on the cameras.  They saw/knew that and tried to blow me off using that as an excuse.

And my post says specifically that I know it doesn't rise to the level of lemon law issues.  I'm talking about diminished resale value due to an unidentified electrical issue.
View Quote

IN bold....no such thing. unless it gets lemon lawed or repoed this will probably never show up on a carfax. It's a service issue nothing more.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

IN bold....no such thing. unless it gets lemon lawed or repoed this will probably never show up on a carfax. It's a service issue nothing more.
View Quote

What about OASIS?
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd have to disagree.  My carfax on this truck is open until mid March and there is an entry for every time the truck has been back for service.  It doesn't go in to detail but it does show a service event.

Edit:  I got the truck back last night and am going to see what happens for now.  Seems to be running fine right now.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What about OASIS?
View Quote

Quoted:

I'd have to disagree.  My carfax on this truck is open until mid March and there is an entry for every time the truck has been back for service.  It doesn't go in to detail but it does show a service event.

Edit:  I got the truck back last night and am going to see what happens for now.  Seems to be running fine right now.
View Quote

Like I said it's a service issue. Not a Carfax issue. Depending on how they put the work in it will probably show as warranty with a short description. That's it. the "service event" means nothing if the truck hasn't been lemon lawed or bought back. And if the truck is fixed than the problem has solved itself. I'm glad they were able to fix it for you.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:51:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Capara... as in FX Capara?  Don't they just sponsor dirt cars?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top