Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2021 5:28:08 AM EDT
Someone please refresh my memory.    IIRC, about 5 or 6 years ago, people were hopeful and looking to him to right a wrong.  I can remember people waiting with baited breath, saying "come on preet." But cannot remember what that was.  

In retrospect, the fix was in and partisan politics won the day and no one was prosecuted by him.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 9:00:42 AM EDT
[#1]
He was "investigating" Coumo. Coumo's lacky got busted but not Coumo! Very disappointing.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 9:37:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He was "investigating" Coumo. Coumo's lacky got busted but not Coumo! Very disappointing.
View Quote

Oh, yes that's right.   Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 11:54:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 12:12:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
He lead the charge that got a bunch of Albany turds prosecuted, unfortunately Trump shitcanned him.
View Quote

Is that why he turned out to be such a TDS anti-trumper bitch?  I thought it was simply a byproduct of him being a damn democrap.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 12:18:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:31:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm sure he's an anti trump Democrat, but Trump did the Cuomo administration a huge favor by removing him.
View Quote
That was what was so odd. Trump did a huge favor for Cuomo and got kicked in the nuts for it. Preet did not appear to have any legal inquiries into Trump and really did not appear to be a thorn in his side other than perhaps his party affiliation. Of course Biden is now demanding resignations from Trump appointees so the circle-jerk continues.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 11:34:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Tonight I’m smoking cigars with a major Albany insider who has first-hand knowledge of the Moreland Commission antics that Preet was investigating. His words were that Biden called off Preet on Cuomo. Makes you wonder what Preet was offered or threatened with because he had Cuomo dead to rights.

I said to him that wouldn’t Ir be nice if the US Attorney for the Northern District has a Grand Jury empaneled and ready to hand down an indictment prior to the mandatory resignation day at the end of the month for Trump’s appointed US Attorneys. His response was that the Northern District doesn’t have a public integrity unit like the Southern district, so he’s not sure if they would have had the manpower or expertise to be investigating Cuomo. However, after Derossa’s admission the other day that could be enough to secure the indictment. The indictment alone, even if the Justice Department declined to prosecute could be enough to force Cuomo to resign.

Oh, one could dream... but I’m not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:14:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The indictment alone, even if the Justice Department declined to prosecute could be enough to force Cuomo to resign.

Oh, one could dream... but I'm not holding my breath.
View Quote
Me neither. I cannot in my wildest dreams imagine Cuomo falling on his sword. His arrogance would not let him. And I fully expect he will run again in 2022 and, unless primaried and loses, will win handily. This state is too far gone for it to be able to change.

Funny thing is I was thinking about Eliot Spitzer back in 2008. I think if that were happening now, in light of how much we have seen in the last 13 years and how attitudes have changed with social media and scandalous reporting, he would have stuck it out and not resigned. Add to that he is a Democrat so would get a free pass now.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 1:20:50 PM EDT
[#9]
There is work going on behind the scenes to get Janice Dean to run.

I think we’ll see a Republican Governor. A number of liberal states have been gravitating to Republican governors with liberal legislatures. MA is a case in point.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 7:33:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There is work going on behind the scenes to get Janice Dean to run.

I think we’ll see a Republican Governor. A number of liberal states have been gravitating to Republican governors with liberal legislatures. MA is a case in point.
View Quote

Not sure I see that as a possibility. But there are a number of far left Dems that could face off in a primary. If we get a NYC DSA-backed candidate winning the Dem primary, then anything could happen I guess.

One of these is Alessandra Biaggi. She’s running for something bigger than her NYS Senate seat in 2022.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 8:54:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Republican governor? The state GOP has been completely routed. Their mismanagement and allowing upstate to die off turned this into a one party state.
View Quote

Not without a lot of help... Cuomo is offering his opponents’ a lot of help.

It’s not as impossible as you might think. Certainly not a walk in the park, but there are a lot of pissed off folks over COVID and it spans all parties. It has to be the right person and not a career politician. I think Janice Dean could offer an alternative people would support. Woman and white - appeals to soccer.moms. Lost relatives to COVID in the nursing homes. Polished and presentable, not awkward. Sell the message about how New York needs a balanced government and one party rule is dangerous for everybody but the special interests.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:04:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don't think it's cigars you're smoking
View Quote

Politics is a pendulum penguin.

I’m not saying you’ll get a conservative Governor, just that it’s not so impossible you’ll get a “Republican” Governor.

Mass - RINO Governor

Vermont - RINO Governor

Maryland - RINO Governor
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#15]
If all the gun owners in NY voted we could toss the governor out on his ass.  But most are Fudds and either don't vote or only bother to vote in presidential election years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top